How To Correct a Posted Contribution - V 10.4

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mpaniak

How To Correct a Posted Contribution - V 10.4

Post by mpaniak »

Hello,
When running the statements for 2016 we discovered quite a few deposits that were made to the wrong family member's account. I went and added a negative amount for each fund and then added it back to the correct envelope. Then I posted the amount. The totals are all good, however the giving statement for the incorrect amount shows a negative entry and a positive entry for the contribution date in question. I was expecting nothing to see nothing for the given date (in this case 1/3/16). Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
In Christ,
Michael

NeilZ

Re: How To Correct a Posted Contribution - V 10.4

Post by NeilZ »

mpaniak wrote:Hello,
When running the statements for 2016 we discovered quite a few deposits that were made to the wrong family member's account. I went and added a negative amount for each fund and then added it back to the correct envelope. Then I posted the amount. The totals are all good, however the giving statement for the incorrect amount shows a negative entry and a positive entry for the contribution date in question. I was expecting nothing to see nothing for the given date (in this case 1/3/16). Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
In Christ,
Michael
Here's the reply by Zorak for the same type of issue, in this case someone added a 'memo' saying that the incorrect entry was incorrect !
It is because of the memo. Everything has to match the original entry exactly or both will be shown on the statement.

It's best to use the Reverse button on the View Posted Contributions screen so that the negative entry will be exact.
The last part is for users of v11.1/.55 which has a Reverse button.

You may want to think about doing the upgrade to v11.55, for a number of reasons.

1. (and the main one) It is no longer supported with fixes, and updates.
2. Improvements throughout the program
3. Cost is only $149.00 for the program download version, $164.00 if you want the CD and manual sent to you
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

mpaniak

Post by mpaniak »

Thank you.
I did enter it in exactly and it still shows both.

I will let my church know the costs on upgrading.

Will any data be lost and does it take a long time? Any reboots during the upgrade?

Thanks!
In Christ,
Michael

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

mpaniak wrote:Thank you.
I did enter it in exactly and it still shows both.
Unfortunately, there is probably something that you're not seeing a space, or 'unprintable' character. To get around this you can do the following. Go into the Individual Contribution Statement, select the format of the report, the envelope number you want to print, and then follow the prompts. When its displayed on the screen, save it as a RTF (rich text format) file with a name so that you can identify it afterwards. Edit that file with MS Word and remove the duplicate entries then print the statement from there.
I will let my church know the costs on upgrading.

Will any data be lost and does it take a long time? Any reboots during the upgrade?

Thanks!
In Christ,
Michael
I do not believe any reboots are necessary, as the system is installed in a separate directory. You can run both at the same time, but this is definitely not a good idea. If you upgrade, you'll want to delete the 10.4 icon from the desktop (do not uninstall the old version, as there's no need for now).

Once you install, and start the program, it will ask if this is an upgrade. Select YES, and the program will search the local drive for your current data files. It will COPY those files, update the tables to the new database formats as needed, and the system will be ready for use. Takes about five to ten minutes in total.

What will take time is if you have Powerchurch setup on a network, in which case you're going to have to do the steps to install on client computers, along with deleting the 10.4 desktop icon.

All this is covered in the Knowledge Base article found here: https://www.powerchurch.com/support/428 ... s-upgrades
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.