Two Contributors/One Envelope # Want Separate Envelope #s

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Deter99

Two Contributors/One Envelope # Want Separate Envelope #s

Post by Deter99 »

I have a married couple that was set up under the same envelope number but they now want each be under separate envelope numbers. I can't figure out how to break that tie.

NeilZ

Re: Two Contributors/One Envelope # Want Separate Envelope #

Post by NeilZ »

Deter99 wrote:I have a married couple that was set up under the same envelope number but they now want each be under separate envelope numbers. I can't figure out how to break that tie.
Well, someone is going to start with a fresh slate. However, this is very simple to do. First, decide who is going to get the new envelope number.

Go to Membership -> Personal Profiles -> Maintain Personal Profiles. On the Profile Information Tab, enter the new envelope number in the Envelope entry box, then click on the SAVE button.

As I said, simple !
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Deter99

Post by Deter99 »

Thank you so much Neil!! It wasn't the exact answer I needed but it totally helped me find the solution to an age old problem! Many blessings to you - Jennifer

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Deter99 wrote:Thank you so much Neil!! It wasn't the exact answer I needed but it totally helped me find the solution to an age old problem! Many blessings to you - Jennifer
OK ... what was the solution to that problem ?? :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Carol D

Post by Carol D »

I have a similar situation with a couple that is separating. My complication is that for the past year the contributions have been given by the wife. She would like these contributions to remain with her on a new envelope number.
I can reassign the current envelope number to another and give the wife that number and then give the husband the now 'freed' up original number. but as I went to do this I realized that all past giving, not just the past 1/1/17 - present contributions would be 'moved' to the new number. Is there a way to just move the contributions given from 1/1/17 to present to a new number?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Carol D wrote:I have a similar situation with a couple that is separating. My complication is that for the past year the contributions have been given by the wife. She would like these contributions to remain with her on a new envelope number.
I can reassign the current envelope number to another and give the wife that number and then give the husband the now 'freed' up original number. but as I went to do this I realized that all past giving, not just the past 1/1/17 - present contributions would be 'moved' to the new number. Is there a way to just move the contributions given from 1/1/17 to present to a new number?
Leave the wife with the current number. The previous years contributions have already been used for taxes (or not depending on income), and she's given for most of the year. Then give the spouse a new number.

If she wants a brand new number, just retire the current number for a few years, and reassign the current number to a new number. This way they both have new numbers, but you've not lost the history.

I would also create a note in each person's Personal Profile detailing exactly what was done, and where to find the history, in case you need to access prior year's donations for any reason.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.