Change Heading on Contributions Report

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wms7328

Change Heading on Contributions Report

Post by wms7328 »

Is there a way to change the title Pledge Summary and column heading from Pledge to Estimate of Giving. We used the Estimate of Giving terminology and it helped increase the number we received. I would like to use this terminology on the contribution reports if possible. I've turned in a suggestion to get this considered for a future update but I would like to use this on the first quarterly statement that will go out at the end of March. I'm hoping that there is some item that can be changed in the database that would make this change on the printed report. I can save the report as a word document and then make the change on each report but that will be very time consuming.

Would appreciate any ideas on how I could make this change for the contribution reports.

Thanks

CranfordUMC

Re: Change Heading on Contributions Report

Post by CranfordUMC »

Go to File, Preferences, Contributions Setup. The tab "Pledges / Statements" will allow you to change the Contribution statement title and allow you to select "Faith Promises" instead of "Pledge". I believe this is all you are able to change yourself.
Steve Heller
Treasurer
Cranford United Methodist Church

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:Is there a way to change the title Pledge Summary and column heading from Pledge to Estimate of Giving. We used the Estimate of Giving terminology and it helped increase the number we received. I would like to use this terminology on the contribution reports if possible. I've turned in a suggestion to get this considered for a future update but I would like to use this on the first quarterly statement that will go out at the end of March. I'm hoping that there is some item that can be changed in the database that would make this change on the printed report. I can save the report as a word document and then make the change on each report but that will be very time consuming.

Would appreciate any ideas on how I could make this change for the contribution reports.

Thanks
Unfortunately no. There are only two options currently available, Pledge or Faith Promises. Standard reports do not use any type of database variables for their headers.

However, doing a Find and Replace in Word does not take that long a time. You just need to search for the words "PLEDGE SUMMARY" case sensitive, and replacing it with ESTIMATE OF GIVING SUMMARY. As far as replacing the Pledge header, just search for "Pledge ' again case sensitive, and replace it with "Estimate".

This should work fairly quickly. I haven't tested it, but you should try it with a file of last year's statements to see if it works, and how long it will take.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

Thanks Neil, excellent suggestion. I tried it and works great. I still hope that PC folks will look at my suggestion and give us an option to change the heading to "Estimate of Giving". That way I can email the contribution statements instead of printing them and mailing them.

I've talked to several other churches and they have also found that using this terminology seems to encourage folks to give an estimate versus a pledge. Not sure why this would be the case but we increased our number of returned "Estimate of Giving" cards about 30% over the "Pledge" cards we used to use.

If other churches would like to see this option, please submit a request on the wish list so PC folks know there is more than just me interested.

Thanks