Canadian Charity Receipts - Duplicates?

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

shantzmc

Canadian Charity Receipts - Duplicates?

Post by shantzmc »

Along this same topic. I did not save a copy of the tax receipt #'s for 2016 for the church files. :wall:
I thought there was a printout from the reports that I could do this to find out, but haven't found anything except a report that lists the contributors and their contribution amounts for 2016.

Soooo....now I have someone that wants a duplicate tax receipt because they've lost theirs. I don't know the original tax receipt number. (yes Canadian church using this software).

NeilZ

Re: Canadian Charity Receipts - Duplicates?

Post by NeilZ »

shantzmc wrote:Along this same topic. I did not save a copy of the tax receipt #'s for 2016 for the church files. :wall:
I thought there was a printout from the reports that I could do this to find out, but haven't found anything except a report that lists the contributors and their contribution amounts for 2016.

Soooo....now I have someone that wants a duplicate tax receipt because they've lost theirs. I don't know the original tax receipt number. (yes Canadian church using this software).

Not sure if this will help you as you didn't mention what version of the program you were using. In v11.5 (and I think 11.1) you can do this as copied from the PCPlus 11.55 manual:
PowerChurch Plus keeps a log of the numbered tax receipts issued by Canadian users. The View Tax Receipt History screen can be found under Contributions > Setup. The View Tax Receipt History screen displays the receipt number, envelope number, and name that was listed on the receipt. When you select an entry in the list, more detailed information about the receipt is shown below, including the date and time the receipt was issued, the date range of contributions included on the receipt, the authorized officer, charity registration number, contributor's address, and the total eligible amount reported on the receipt. Click the Filter button to narrow the list of receipts that are shown in the grid by date, receipt number, or envelope number. Click the Report button to print a hard copy of the list of receipts shown in the current view.
Not sure if that will suffice for Canadian Revenue.

What you may want to think about for next year, is printing the receipts to a PDF file, then print the receipts from that file. This way you have an electronic copy of all the receipts that you can reproduce if needed. A free (with ads) PDF print driver can be found at software995.com.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.