Vanco Contribution Import Setup

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CMCDelW

Vanco Contribution Import Setup

Post by CMCDelW »

I am setting up the "Import Contributions" feature from Vanco. I have created and entered a "Contribution Transit Asset Account" and a "Expense Account to record fees". When I press the "Next" button a box appears that says "Transit Asset is not in fund". Am I missing something ?

The account field does not have the fund number included with it. I am picking the account via look-up icon and the list also does not include the fund number. Also can't type it in manually.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Vanco Contribution Import Setup

Post by Zorak »

The transit asset account will need to be used in whatever accounting funds your contributions could be recorded in. Take a look at the Fund Descriptions report under Contributions > Reports - Contributions. Check the option to include account information on the report. This will show you each of your contribution funds and what account numbers are set to be debited and credited when posting contributions into Fund Accounting. Take note of what accounting fund numbers are used.

On the Maintain Chart of Accounts screen found under Accounting > Fund Accounting > Setup, use the Locate button to bring up the transit asset account. Down in the middle of the screen, where it lists "This account is used in the following funds:" click the Add Account to Fund button and follow the steps to add that transit account into each accounting fund that was listed on the Contributions report.