Change Pledge for Deceased Congregate

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

MAPCTreasurer

Change Pledge for Deceased Congregate

Post by MAPCTreasurer »

I am a new treasurer. I need to change a pledge amount for a congregate who recently passed away. It will not let me to do a zero amount? What is the solution for this situation? I know this has had to happen to other churches.
Thanks for your assistance.

David Chalk
Treasurer
Mt. Auburn Presbyterian Church

NeilZ

Re: Change Pledge for Deceased Congregate

Post by NeilZ »

MAPCTreasurer wrote:I am a new treasurer. I need to change a pledge amount for a congregate who recently passed away. It will not let me to do a zero amount? What is the solution for this situation? I know this has had to happen to other churches.
Thanks for your assistance.

David Chalk
Treasurer
Mt. Auburn Presbyterian Church
Has the member given toward that pledge this year? If so, just change the amount pledged to the amount given to date. If they did not give anything toward it, you should be able to delete the pledge entry.

Also, you want to make sure that whomever updates the Membership side changes their status to "Deceased". One of the things I also do is change the deceased member's envelope number to a number range outside the normal range of envelopes. This is because you HAVE to maintain their giving records for at least 4 years per IRS requirements.

However, if the deceased member has a living spouse using that number, you should change the envelope number on the deceased Personal Profiles to ZERO (0) so that their name will not appear on any future contribution statements.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.