Contributions posted via report?

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Renwin43

Contributions posted via report?

Post by Renwin43 »

Hi
Our contributions have been entered to a date in March, and show up in the peoples' contributions however the deposit does not
show in the bank nor in the revenues on any of the statements that I produce. When I went looking for this in the contribution area
it shows that it was "posted via report". I am unable to find anything about this and wonder if anyone knows how I can fix this
problem. I am using power church 11.55.
Thank you for your help
Renate

NeilZ

Re: Contributions posted via report?

Post by NeilZ »

Renwin43 wrote:Hi
Our contributions have been entered to a date in March, and show up in the peoples' contributions however the deposit does not
show in the bank nor in the revenues on any of the statements that I produce. When I went looking for this in the contribution area
it shows that it was "posted via report". I am unable to find anything about this and wonder if anyone knows how I can fix this
problem. I am using power church 11.55.
Thank you for your help
Renate
Sounds like instead of posting to Funds Accounting, which is the default setting when you install Powerchurch, someone changed it to Print an Accounting Report.

Now, how to fix this:

1. Make sure that only authorized persons can post Contributions. This should not be granted to everyone, and frankly, contributions should not be posted until you get a deposit receipt from the bank.

2. Make sure that the option to post contributions to: Update Funds Accounting is setup as the DEFAULT under the File -> Preferences -> Contributions Setup General tab.

3. Instruct whomever does the posting of Contributions to NOT CHANGE the Posting Option in the Post Contribution function.

Now as to the deposit. What I would do is run a Contributions Funds Report against posted contributions for the missing date in question. Then go into Funds Accounting and create a transaction using a previously posted contribution entry as a template. Then enter the data from the Funds Report. Post that transaction, and you should be back up to speed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Renwin43

Post by Renwin43 »

Just to make sure I understand since I am new. I will basically do a journal entry in the fund accounting side for the total of each of
the different offering accounts. ..Where would the contributions have gone? Will that cause some kind of double entry in the books?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Renwin43 wrote:Just to make sure I understand since I am new. I will basically do a journal entry in the fund accounting side for the total of each of
the different offering accounts. ..Where would the contributions have gone? Will that cause some kind of double entry in the books?
Yes, use an existing posted Contributions transaction as a template. If you're not sure if the Fund Accounting accounts match up to the Contribution Fund, just check the Maintain List of Accounting Funds for the Contribution Fund and look under the Accounting tab for that fund.

As far as where they have gone, they were posted to Contributions to reflect the donations, but that's where they stopped. ANY selection other than the Post to Funds Accounting on the Post Contributions window will not cause a transaction to be created in the Unposted Transactions queue in Funds Accounting. There will be no duplicated entries.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Renwin43

Post by Renwin43 »

Thank you ever so much! I appreciate your help!
God bless you!
Renate