Restricted Contr's not showing up on Fund acct Reprot

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RGWalk

Restricted Contr's not showing up on Fund acct Reprot

Post by RGWalk »

We have had restricted giving toward new chairs since 1/1/2017. I created Contribution Fund 92 to debit our checking and credit Income account 01-4293-132, which closes to equity account 3293-132. The total contributed shows up in the Fund Summary report. Oddly, though, when I run an Income & Expense Statement in Fund Accounting, the total contributed does not show up in that 3293-123 account. Nor does that total show up ANYWHERE else. I have posted all of the contributions, and I am careful to select "Include Unposted Transactions" when I run the report (just in case.)
I tried re-entering one of them, and it showed up on the Income & Expense Statement, but I can't just re-enter all of them, because it will cause the contribution reports to be inaccurate.
Our annual meeting is coming up, and we are trying to create accurate reports for our members to view. Suggestions?

NeilZ

Re: Restricted Contr's not showing up on Fund acct Reprot

Post by NeilZ »

RGWalk wrote:We have had restricted giving toward new chairs since 1/1/2017. I created Contribution Fund 92 to debit our checking and credit Income account 01-4293-132, which closes to equity account 3293-132. The total contributed shows up in the Fund Summary report. Oddly, though, when I run an Income & Expense Statement in Fund Accounting, the total contributed does not show up in that 3293-123 account. Nor does that total show up ANYWHERE else. I have posted all of the contributions, and I am careful to select "Include Unposted Transactions" when I run the report (just in case.)
I tried re-entering one of them, and it showed up on the Income & Expense Statement, but I can't just re-enter all of them, because it will cause the contribution reports to be inaccurate.
Our annual meeting is coming up, and we are trying to create accurate reports for our members to view. Suggestions?
OK .. there are two things at play here.

1. The Fund Summary report is a CONTRIBUTIONS report.
2. The Income & Expense report is a FUNDS ACCOUNTING report.

If previous Contribution transactions are not showing up in Funds Accounting, but the one's you just entered and posted to Funds Accounting are, then do this:

Run a Funds Report by Date report from Contributions, use the date you created that Contribution Fund as the date to begin the report. Select the Defined Range to enter the dates. You can limit the report to only the Contribution Fund in question, or all. Take that report, then check in Funds Accounting the CONTRIBUTION transactions listed under View Posted Transactions to see if that fund is listed.

Let us know what you find.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RGWalk

Post by RGWalk »

NeilZ wrote:
RGWalk wrote:We have had restricted giving toward new chairs since 1/1/2017. I created Contribution Fund 92 to debit our checking and credit Income account 01-4293-132, which closes to equity account 3293-132. The total contributed shows up in the Fund Summary report. Oddly, though, when I run an Income & Expense Statement in Fund Accounting, the total contributed does not show up in that 3293-123 account. Nor does that total show up ANYWHERE else. I have posted all of the contributions, and I am careful to select "Include Unposted Transactions" when I run the report (just in case.)
OK .. there are two things at play here.

1. The Fund Summary report is a CONTRIBUTIONS report.
2. The Income & Expense report is a FUNDS ACCOUNTING report.

If previous Contribution transactions are not showing up in Funds Accounting, but the one's you just entered and posted to Funds Accounting are, then do this:

Run a Funds Report by Date report from Contributions, use the date you created that Contribution Fund as the date to begin the report. Select the Defined Range to enter the dates. You can limit the report to only the Contribution Fund in question, or all. Take that report, then check in Funds Accounting the CONTRIBUTION transactions listed under View Posted Transactions to see if that fund is listed.

Let us know what you find.

Hi,

Thanks for your help....

I followed your directions, and the contributions show up in both the "Funds Report by Date" and in the "Posted Transactions" in Fund Accounting. See below screen shot examples for 02/19/2017:
file:///C:/Users/Robin/Documents/PC%20Screen%20shot.pdf.

But, the balance in Building & Grounds on the Income & Expense Statement should now be, $10,908.00, not the $3,408.00 as shown when I run that report. See below:
file:///C:/Users/Robin/Documents/PC%20I%20&%20S.pdf

So, I'm still stuck.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

RGWalk wrote: Hi,

Thanks for your help....

I followed your directions, and the contributions show up in both the "Funds Report by Date" and in the "Posted Transactions" in Fund Accounting. See below screen shot examples for 02/19/2017:
file:///C:/Users/Robin/Documents/PC%20Screen%20shot.pdf.

But, the balance in Building & Grounds on the Income & Expense Statement should now be, $10,908.00, not the $3,408.00 as shown when I run that report. See below:
file:///C:/Users/Robin/Documents/PC%20I%20&%20S.pdf

So, I'm still stuck.
Unfortunately, you can't attach files for security reasons.

So .. all the contributions are in Funds Accounting, verified that the transactions are showing the correct accounts (funds going to the Building Fund, not Operations). What date period are you using to run the I&E report ??

You talk about the 'balance' in the Building Fund ... the I&E report will only show the income for the period you run the report against. What do you see when you run the Accounting Funds Balances report including the YTD totals. This reports shows the actual balance in the fund which is carried from year to year.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RGWalk

Post by RGWalk »

Thanks for your attempts to help.
I am running the I&E report for July 2016 - May 2017. The contributions are all posted between those dates, as well. No matter how I try, (I've tried re-entering them--which creates incorrect amounts on contribution statements, but then shows the amount on the I&E.) Then, when I attempt to subtract one of the entries to correct the contribution statement, I cannot get them to show up where they belong on the I&E Statement, nor can I find that money showing up anywhere else.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

RGWalk wrote:Thanks for your attempts to help.
I am running the I&E report for July 2016 - May 2017. The contributions are all posted between those dates, as well. No matter how I try, (I've tried re-entering them--which creates incorrect amounts on contribution statements, but then shows the amount on the I&E.) Then, when I attempt to subtract one of the entries to correct the contribution statement, I cannot get them to show up where they belong on the I&E Statement, nor can I find that money showing up anywhere else.
1st ... how are you 're-entering' contributions?? Are you doing that without reversing them? .. in a word DON'T .. you'll get the result that you've seen. What is the income account number and account name you've setup in the Contribution Fund? What is the DEBIT (bank) account?
2nd ... when these contributions do show up, where are they showing up, what is the account name. Does it match the one setup in Contributions?
3rd ... when you go into the Chart of Accounts and look at the account, do you see any ACTIVITY ?? You should see CREDIT amounts there. What is the report level listed on the account?

Depending on these answers, it may be time to call the Powerchurch support line. The techs can remotely access your computer to see what's going on.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.