Tithe.ly Church Giving App

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tena20719

Tithe.ly Church Giving App

Post by tena20719 »

Is anyone out there using Tithe.ly for their church giving app? I'm trying to find out how their import features work with the Power Church contribution module.

Thanks!
Tena

NeilZ

Re: Tithe.ly Church Giving App

Post by NeilZ »

tena20719 wrote:Is anyone out there using Tithe.ly for their church giving app? I'm trying to find out how their import features work with the Power Church contribution module.

Thanks!
Tena
The only online giving system that Powerchurch supports is Vanco. It interfaces directly with Powerchurch. Everything else must be imported using a comma separated values (CSV) text file in the format that Powerchurch expects. This format can be found on page 151 of the PCPlus v11.5 manual which can be found as a PDF in the x:\Powerchurch\PCPLUS115 directory, where 'x' is the drive letter where you have Powerchurch installed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The file format is also shown on the Contributions > Import Contributions > From File screen.

KPegram

Post by KPegram »

tena20719 wrote:Is anyone out there using Tithe.ly for their church giving app? I'm trying to find out how their import features work with the Power Church contribution module.

Thanks!
Tena
Did you go with Tithe.ly? If so, was it easy to import with PowerChurch contribution module?

tena20719

Post by tena20719 »

We are in the process of building the App right now and hope to have it up and running by the end of the month. I will post again after it is working and let you know.

Thanks,
Tena

KPegram

Post by KPegram »

tena20719 wrote:We are in the process of building the App right now and hope to have it up and running by the end of the month. I will post again after it is working and let you know.

Thanks,
Tena
Thank you so much. Does your church offer online giving with Tithe.ly?

tena20719

Post by tena20719 »

We will. We have had online giving with paypal for several years. We then added an ipad in the foyer with a square reader. Our latest venture was using a giving APP with Pushpay, which is also used online in place of Paypal. By far the most popular option for our donors was the giving app, followed by the online giving and then the ipad. I was really surprised at the number of people who chose to use the App compared with our online giving and the ipad in the foyer. Currently around 20% of our donations comes in through the giving app. The other 2 were probably less than 1%.

I would note that we have not had any problems at all with Pushpay. Tithe.ly is just priced at a more affordable level.

Tena

KPegram

Post by KPegram »

Thanks for the helpful information!

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

tena20719 wrote:We will. We have had online giving with paypal for several years. We then added an ipad in the foyer with a square reader. Our latest venture was using a giving APP with Pushpay, which is also used online in place of Paypal. By far the most popular option for our donors was the giving app, followed by the online giving and then the ipad. I was really surprised at the number of people who chose to use the App compared with our online giving and the ipad in the foyer. Currently around 20% of our donations comes in through the giving app. The other 2 were probably less than 1%.

I would note that we have not had any problems at all with Pushpay. Tithe.ly is just priced at a more affordable level.

Tena
Have you made the switch to Tithe.ly yet? How has it been? I am researching this right now and they are our #1 choice. It looks like with importing the transactions you have to edit the file and assign an envelope number to each transaction, is that correct? Any other tips you can offer?

tena20719

Post by tena20719 »

Hi! We had a delay and have not fully transitioned over to tithe.ly yet. I have one person who is using it in the test phase. Currently it is set up like pushpay, the person picks a word field like "tithe" instead of a fund number like power church uses. You export it as a csv file. Honestly, it's faster for me to print out the reports and enter them manually like an offering envelope than importing them, inserting a fund number (we have several) and then completing the import. The export features in the program currently says that Power Church is "coming soon". Hopefully that will offer a fund number field that allows us to fully import the contributions without manipulating them in any way.