Vanco Text & Online Contribution Issues

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LQ Helper

Vanco Text & Online Contribution Issues

Post by LQ Helper »

All of my Vanco Online contributions are posting as TEXT contributions instead of online contributions. I also have text contributions that are posting as text which is the way it should post. I have two accounts with Vanco. One for online and one for text. I have to import both Online & Text to get all the contributions for a week but there is no differentiation between the two when the contributions are posted. They all say TEXT. Is there any way to correct this other than manually? That is not really practical when the counters are downloading the contributions.

When I first set up my Vanco contributions, I was told by customer support to have only one Vanco Payment Integration and it should have as a title "Text & Online" but I found that I actually needed two since I have two Client ID's. One for Online and one for Text. I do not see a way to change the title of the online Payment integration to just "Online"? Is there a way to change that title? Also, is that a reason for the way it is designating whether the contribution is text or online?

I hope I explained this clearly enough so that you can understand what I am asking.

Thanks in advance as you have always steered me in the right direction previously.

NeilZ

Re: Vanco Text & Online Contribution Issues

Post by NeilZ »

How long ago did you setup your Vanco account?

The reason I ask is that there were some changes to the Vanco system last year.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

LQ Helper

Post by LQ Helper »

Probably Oct or Nov 2016 but we have PC Online so all updates should be current.

LQ Helper

Post by LQ Helper »

No, actually the Vanco portion was set up in Jan 2017.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

LQ Helper wrote:No, actually the Vanco portion was set up in Jan 2017.
Since you're using Powerchurch Online, my advice is to use your FREE phone support, and call them on Monday. Much easier than trying to figure out issues via this forum.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

My idea would be to set up a separate contribution fund in Power church that would indicate text contributions and have the Vanco account for text post to that contribution fund.

LQ Helper

Post by LQ Helper »

NeilZ wrote:
LQ Helper wrote:No, actually the Vanco portion was set up in Jan 2017.
Since you're using Powerchurch Online, my advice is to use your FREE phone support, and call them on Monday. Much easier than trying to figure out issues via this forum.
I forget that we are entitled to free phone support. I will do that on Monday and see what they suggest. Thank you again.