Previous Lump Sum Contributions

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ngaham

Previous Lump Sum Contributions

Post by ngaham »

Hey,
We started using PowerChurch on April 1, 2017. I am wanting to put in the lump sum of the giving from Jan 1 - March 31 into PowerChurch so it will reflect on the giving statments. If I am thinking correctly, I could just enter the info into the Contributions Module and just apply it contributions only, not the accounting side. Am I anything here?

NeilZ

Re: Previous Lump Sum Contributions

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Hey,
We started using PowerChurch on April 1, 2017. I am wanting to put in the lump sum of the giving from Jan 1 - March 31 into PowerChurch so it will reflect on the giving statments. If I am thinking correctly, I could just enter the info into the Contributions Module and just apply it contributions only, not the accounting side. Am I anything here?
That's correct, just post contributions, and select "POST TO CONTRIBUTIONS ONLY" (or something close to that) and only the Contributions module will be updated.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

Since it’s to the contributions module only, it doesn’t matter what Fund is entered when I put them in, right?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Since it’s to the contributions module only, it doesn’t matter what Fund is entered when I put them in, right?
Put it this way, I really don't care, but if you have people who contributed 200.00 to the building fund, and its showing up in operations, they would be upset.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

Yeah. Every year prior we handed out only a total amount given, not a itemized list. I am thinking of just putting it under the tithes and just adding a note at the end. Do you think that will work?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Yeah. Every year prior we handed out only a total amount given, not a itemized list. I am thinking of just putting it under the tithes and just adding a note at the end. Do you think that will work?
I can't say what will work for your congregation, however, you have the capability to show exactly where the funds are going, I'd use it.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.