Merge Donors

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Greghc48

Merge Donors

Post by Greghc48 »

We have two donors who mark their envelope "Ken Smith and Debbie Jones", and combine their cash donations each week. As we set them up in powerchurch, we listed them as two separate donors (different envelope numbers) and just evenly divided the donation between each. I'd like to figure out a way to combine their donations into a single "family", while still being able to accept individual donations from each - should they wish to do so in the future. (I have no way as of yet to contact them to get their view on how to list them). Is there a way to merge these two donors into one envelope, using both of their names? Or, should we just establish a new family contribution using both name on one envelope? If I had a good address from a check, I'd write them!!

Complex enough?

Suggestion on how to handle??

Greg

NeilZ

Re: Merge Donors

Post by NeilZ »

Greghc48 wrote:We have two donors who mark their envelope "Ken Smith and Debbie Jones", and combine their cash donations each week. As we set them up in powerchurch, we listed them as two separate donors (different envelope numbers) and just evenly divided ''the donation between each. I'd like to figure out a way to combine their donations into a single "family", while still being able to accept individual donations from each - should they wish to do so in the future. (I have no way as of yet to contact them to get their view on how to list them). Is there a way to merge these two donors into one envelope, using both of their names? Or, should we just establish a new family contribution using both name on one envelope? If I had a good address from a check, I'd write them!!

Complex enough?

Greg
You would need to have them under one family/mailing list record, each with their own Personal Profile. I'm going to assume that they each have a separate Mailing List Profile with an individual Personal Profile under it.

1. Select one Mailing List Profile to be the one to use. Edit the name on the address to show Ken Smith & Mary Jones, but keep whoever is listed as the Household Key alone.

2. Go to the other Mailing list Profile and go to the Family Members tab to select the Personal Profile there. Make sure its highlighted, then click the Move Profile button.

3. On the Move Profile screen that appears, select the radio button for Move to an existing family. Then find the Household Key as used in Step 1. Select it, and click OK. You may (will ?) get a pop-up screen telling you that it was the only profile under that mailing list profile, and do you want to delete that mailing list profile? Select YES.

4. Now that the Personal Profile has been moved, head to the Mailing List profile selected in Step1, and head to the family members page. Jot down the envelope number of one or the other profile, whichever you want to use as the main envelope.

5. Head to Contributions -> Reassign -> Reassign an Envelope Number. Enter the number you want to merge in the first slot,and the number you're merging to in the second. Click OK.

All the contributions will now appear under the one envelope. Since they have two different last names, both their names will appear on the contributions statement.

Does this help ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Greghc48

Post by Greghc48 »

Neil - Will print this out and give it a go. Will let you know!

Greg
NeilZ wrote:
Greghc48 wrote:We have two donors who mark their envelope "Ken Smith and Debbie Jones", and combine their cash donations each week. As we set them up in powerchurch, we listed them as two separate donors (different envelope numbers) and just evenly divided ''the donation between each. I'd like to figure out a way to combine their donations into a single "family", while still being able to accept individual donations from each - should they wish to do so in the future. (I have no way as of yet to contact them to get their view on how to list them). Is there a way to merge these two donors into one envelope, using both of their names? Or, should we just establish a new family contribution using both name on one envelope? If I had a good address from a check, I'd write them!!

Complex enough?

Greg
You would need to have them under one family/mailing list record, each with their own Personal Profile. I'm going to assume that they each have a separate Mailing List Profile with an individual Personal Profile under it.

1. Select one Mailing List Profile to be the one to use. Edit the name on the address to show Ken Smith & Mary Jones, but keep whoever is listed as the Household Key alone.

2. Go to the other Mailing list Profile and go to the Family Members tab to select the Personal Profile there. Make sure its highlighted, then click the Move Profile button.

3. On the Move Profile screen that appears, select the radio button for Move to an existing family. Then find the Household Key as used in Step 1. Select it, and click OK. You may (will ?) get a pop-up screen telling you that it was the only profile under that mailing list profile, and do you want to delete that mailing list profile? Select YES.

4. Now that the Personal Profile has been moved, head to the Mailing List profile selected in Step1, and head to the family members page. Jot down the envelope number of one or the other profile, whichever you want to use as the main envelope.

5. Head to Contributions -> Reassign -> Reassign an Envelope Number. Enter the number you want to merge in the first slot,and the number you're merging to in the second. Click OK.

All the contributions will now appear under the one envelope. Since they have two different last names, both their names will appear on the contributions statement.

Does this help ?

Greghc48

Post by Greghc48 »

Neil -

SUCCESS!!!!!

Thanks again!

Greg