VANCO Pledge Page

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ChristUMC301

VANCO Pledge Page

Post by ChristUMC301 »

Hello all.

I've just gotten off the phone with VANCO and they're telling me that my pledge page will not import pledges into PowerChurch, only actual donations.

I did find the 2015 post here on this forum saying we needed two account #s to pull info from the giving and pledge page, but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

According to the gentleman I spoke with, I would have to search the existing members on VANCO and look for those who have set an end date on their giving. This end date would be a LIKELY indication that they had pledged.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

We build our budgeting process on our pledges. During pledge drive, I track them closely and report on the status weekly. Surely there's a better way than what is being described?

Anyone here do online pledging, especially online pledging with VANCO?

cbrown

Re: VANCO Pledge Page

Post by cbrown »

The Vanco files are pulled directly into the accounting module, as long as there is a matching account number. You cannot import contributions.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

BethCUMC wrote:Hello all.

I've just gotten off the phone with VANCO and they're telling me that my pledge page will not import pledges into PowerChurch, only actual donations.

I did find the 2015 post here on this forum saying we needed two account #s to pull info from the giving and pledge page, but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

According to the gentleman I spoke with, I would have to search the existing members on VANCO and look for those who have set an end date on their giving. This end date would be a LIKELY indication that they had pledged.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

We build our budgeting process on our pledges. During pledge drive, I track them closely and report on the status weekly. Surely there's a better way than what is being described?

Anyone here do online pledging, especially online pledging with VANCO?
FWIW .. I would call Powerchurch directly about this, they would have the most up to date information about what Vanco sends, and how Powerchurch handles it.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

cbrown

Post by cbrown »

I misspoke. I said you cannot import contributions, but I meant to say you cannot import pledges. Sorry for that.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

cbrown wrote:I misspoke. I said you cannot import contributions, but I meant to say you cannot import pledges. Sorry for that.
I didn't think so ... but I don't have first hand knowledge, thanks for that info.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If you have entered pledges into PowerChurch, the imported contributions will be applied to those pledges.

It is not able to import someone's future giving schedule as a new pledge. What we are able to see through the Vanco API is posted contributions that have been deposited into your account.

ChristUMC301

Post by ChristUMC301 »

That's what I was afraid of. For our purpose, it makes the pledge page at best, worthless, at worst, a nightmare because we "lose" pledges and have inaccurate budgeting figuring.

Sigh.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

BethCUMC wrote:That's what I was afraid of. For our purpose, it makes the pledge page at best, worthless, at worst, a nightmare because we "lose" pledges and have inaccurate budgeting figuring.

Sigh.
What I would do is see if you could turn that off at Vanco (if possible), and have your webmaster set something up on your church website where they can 'fill out a pledge form' that sends you an email so you can enter it in PCPlus.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ChristUMC301

Post by ChristUMC301 »

Neil,

Thanks for that idea! I am the webmaster as well, so we will definitely go that route next year!

I still am frustrated by the amount of time I worked with VANCO to get that page set up the way we needed it, only to find out it is collecting data I can't access. I'm a one person staff for all our church's administrative and technology needs.

Just venting. :)

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

BethCUMC wrote:Neil,

Thanks for that idea! I am the webmaster as well, so we will definitely go that route next year!

I still am frustrated by the amount of time I worked with VANCO to get that page set up the way we needed it, only to find out it is collecting data I can't access. I'm a one person staff for all our church's administrative and technology needs.

Just venting. :)
No I completely understand. I'm in the same boat :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.