Faster way to enter pledges

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Lacey

Faster way to enter pledges

Post by Lacey »

This may have been asked but is there a way to mass enter pledges? Like all the same amount for the same find with the same start and end date? Or even copy from one envelope to another. Then I could just change the amount.

NeilZ

Re: Faster way to enter pledges

Post by NeilZ »

Lacey wrote:This may have been asked but is there a way to mass enter pledges? Like all the same amount for the same find with the same start and end date? Or even copy from one envelope to another. Then I could just change the amount.
FWIW .. the current method will maintain all that data, the only thing you would have to change from one envelope to another would be the Period (or as I call frequency) of giving, IE: Weekly, Monthly, etc; and the amount.

Are you not seeing this?

The way I do it is to try to get the pledge information in envelope number sequence, I can then start at the beginning and click the NEXT button to the next envelope I need to enter a pledge for.

However, you can use the 'year end pledge processing' that will create new pledges for each envelope based on the current pledge amount and period. You'd then have to go through each envelope to adjust the pledge amount (hopefully higher) or the period if they switch from yearly to monthly etc; or delete pledge entries if the donor did not pledge for the next year.

Does that help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Lacey

Re: Faster way to enter pledges

Post by Lacey »

Yes I see that now. I had not entered them yet. And I did use the 'year end pledge processing' and that is much faster for those. Thanks for your help.