Unused Envelope Report save as PDF error

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sgbani

Unused Envelope Report save as PDF error

Post by sgbani »

currently using v11.55 with latest MR. When I go through Contributions -> Reports - contributions and select the 'Unused Envelope Numbers', generate the report on my screen, and then save as PDF, when opening saved PDF, I get an error in opening (using Adobe Reader, latest version). Adobe opens the PDF with a proper title, date, and other report formatting, but the numbers themselves are not there.

The error dialog box that shows up says 'error exists on this page, Acrobat may not display page correctly. After hitting okay, it effectively shows a properly formatted report page, but no numbers lists (as seen on the preview screen in PC+).

At first, I thought perhaps a weird font issue might exist, but other contribution reports save as PDF and open just fine. It is just the unused envelope number list. I have tried it on two separate computers using slightly different versions of Adobe Reader, same problem.
Adobe can open the PDF, but immediately gives an error dialog box.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this particular report and why this particular error? (or the fact the only report I tried that has this issue?)

Thanks,

sgbani

NeilZ

Re: Unused Envelope Report save as PDF error

Post by NeilZ »

sgbani wrote:currently using v11.55 with latest MR. When I go through Contributions -> Reports - contributions and select the 'Unused Envelope Numbers', generate the report on my screen, and then save as PDF, when opening saved PDF, I get an error in opening (using Adobe Reader, latest version). Adobe opens the PDF with a proper title, date, and other report formatting, but the numbers themselves are not there.

The error dialog box that shows up says 'error exists on this page, Acrobat may not display page correctly. After hitting okay, it effectively shows a properly formatted report page, but no numbers lists (as seen on the preview screen in PC+).

At first, I thought perhaps a weird font issue might exist, but other contribution reports save as PDF and open just fine. It is just the unused envelope number list. I have tried it on two separate computers using slightly different versions of Adobe Reader, same problem.
Adobe can open the PDF, but immediately gives an error dialog box.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this particular report and why this particular error? (or the fact the only report I tried that has this issue?)

Thanks,

sgbani
FWIW ... this is the first such issue I've seen on the forum. However, I can confirm this happens with v11.0, and 11.55, but not with v12. Also, if I use a third-party PDF print driver from software995.com, it works fine.

Since it works with v12, which uses the newer Crystal Report writer, I suspect it has something to do with the data and the older report writer in versions prior to v12. The fact it works with the third-party PDF generator also points toward this.

You have two options, upgrade to v12, or use a third-party PDF writer (free for the download) for this one report for the time being. This may be something that they can fix in the formatting, or not.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sgbani

Re: Unused Envelope Report save as PDF error

Post by sgbani »

Thanks! I did not think to try printing to a PDF (using a 3rd party writer, which i do have), as opposed to using the built-in save-as feature. you are correct, using a 3rd party PDF writer via printing solves that issue for this particular report. This will do, thanks!