Contribution credit for expense account

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

Contribution credit for expense account

Post by whfpc »

I have an expense account which we received a donation for. How do I apply the contribution to the expense account and make sure the member also gets credit for the contribution?

Robin

NeilZ

Re: Contribution credit for expense account

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:I have an expense account which we received a donation for. How do I apply the contribution to the expense account and make sure the member also gets credit for the contribution?

Robin
You should not be 'crediting' an expense account, otherwise you do not have a good idea of what your actual expenses are. If this type of expense is a 'general' expense, that is, something that reoccurs throughout the year like the purchase of items for Sunday morning coffee, it is a general expense.

If this is for a special event, but one that occurs yearly, again its a general expense.

What I have done is setup Contribution Funds with names like Children's Ministry and Sunday School Donations which will appear on the statement, but the funds go into the general fund with the regular tithes and offerings.

I would check with your church board to see how they want to handle such donations.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.