Error with emailing members their contribution statement

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kimvdh

Error with emailing members their contribution statement

Post by kimvdh »

Hello
every time I try to email out the All Contribution Statement I get an error right at the end before sending and the whole power church shuts down so I have to log in all over just to have it happen again. it only happens if i paste a message in the email using the html option

I get a box called map fields with 2 sections unmapped and mapped and at bottom with ok cancel and help button at bottom - the match type box is ticked; if i click the ok button it shuts off the whole pc ; if i click cancel the box just comes back up

NeilZ

Re: Error with emailing members their contribution statement

Post by NeilZ »

kimvdh wrote:Hello
every time I try to email out the All Contribution Statement I get an error right at the end before sending and the whole power church shuts down so I have to log in all over just to have it happen again. it only happens if i paste a message in the email using the html option

I get a box called map fields with 2 sections unmapped and mapped and at bottom with ok cancel and help button at bottom - the match type box is ticked; if i click the ok button it shuts off the whole pc ; if i click cancel the box just comes back up

Not sure why that is happening, however, try this for now:

1. Make sure you're using the latest IDS client, it should be updating itself so you should be.
2. When you paste the message, set the editor to TEXT. Then switch to HTML to do any specific formatting.

See if that helps. It may be that if you're cutting and pasting from another program such as Word, the Word formatting data is causing issues.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kimvdh

Post by kimvdh »

It doesn't let me paste when in TEXT, can only paste when in HTML

the error box says
Program: FRM_COPRN8.CREATEPDF
Line:77
Error: 1429

I tried copying the text from another source not word and
when i sent a test to myself it worked but when i sent a test to someone else the same error happens

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kimvdh wrote:It doesn't let me paste when in TEXT, can only paste when in HTML

the error box says
Program: FRM_COPRN8.CREATEPDF
Line:77
Error: 1429

I tried copying the text from another source not word and
when i sent a test to myself it worked but when i sent a test to someone else the same error happens
I'm not sure its the data you're adding to the email message, but more like the system throwing the error when it tries to create the PDFs to attach to the email. The reason I say that is based on the program listed in the error message .CREATEPDF.

Since you do use Powerchurch Online, you get free phone support. I'd call them on Monday, and have the error message text available.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.