Contribution Reports - Printing

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

largocc1

Contribution Reports - Printing

Post by largocc1 »

I am printing from the Contributions module. On screen, the report looks exactly as I want it, but when printed, except the date, all of the number columns print as currency. For example, Envelope numbers print as x.00, .00, xx.00. Same with the Fund number. All fund numbers print as currency with .00 How can I correct the paper version of the Contributions report so that the numbers print as they appear on screen?
(I mistakenly posted this question under Membership. Please reply under the Contributions category)

NeilZ

Re: Contribution Reports - Printing

Post by NeilZ »

largocc1 wrote:I am printing from the Contributions module. On screen, the report looks exactly as I want it, but when printed, except the date, all of the number columns print as currency. For example, Envelope numbers print as x.00, .00, xx.00. Same with the Fund number. All fund numbers print as currency with .00 How can I correct the paper version of the Contributions report so that the numbers print as they appear on screen?
(I mistakenly posted this question under Membership. Please reply under the Contributions category)
Just need to ask, which version of Powerchurch are you using, and do you have the latest MR ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

largocc1

Post by largocc1 »

Sorry. We are using Version 12 and yes, the latest MR is installed.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

largocc1 wrote:Sorry. We are using Version 12 and yes, the latest MR is installed.
Yep.. I can confirm that too ... I tried the Unposted Contributions report, printed to PDF, same result.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

largocc1

Post by largocc1 »

Similar glitch with the pdf for the AP Reports, when printing the Open Item report. The last two numbers drop from the Account numbers.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

largocc1 wrote:Similar glitch with the pdf for the AP Reports, when printing the Open Item report. The last two numbers drop from the Account numbers.
I've made the Powerchurch team aware of this issue.

The problem is the third-party report writer that is being used. Because of some inconsistent file exporting in the newer version of the report-writer, they've had to use a blend of the new and the old writers for various things.

Unfortunately, this has caused unexpected side-effects, and the team has been busy tracking these down and fixing them. Maintenance Releases are being created weekly to provide fixes.

Thanks for the reports, they'll come in handy for the developers.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

largocc1

Post by largocc1 »

Thank you for the reply, and I certainly understand the glitches that could happen with software development. We just migrated from PC 11.1 to 11.12 and so far, I am enjoying the new/modified features.
Along with the AP and Fund Accounting numbers issue, I have since found another numbers problem with the Contributions Funds Report ... the Fund numbers appear as 'currency'. Also, under the Contributions module Reports, Selected Contributors ... instead of single line, multiple lines insert between line items.
Thought I would pass along as developers fix the problems, perhaps they will check the Funds Report along with the Contribution Reports during their testing phase. Thank you.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

largocc1 wrote:Thank you for the reply, and I certainly understand the glitches that could happen with software development. We just migrated from PC 11.1 to 11.12 and so far, I am enjoying the new/modified features.
Along with the AP and Fund Accounting numbers issue, I have since found another numbers problem with the Contributions Funds Report ... the Fund numbers appear as 'currency'. Also, under the Contributions module Reports, Selected Contributors ... instead of single line, multiple lines insert between line items.
Thought I would pass along as developers fix the problems, perhaps they will check the Funds Report along with the Contribution Reports during their testing phase. Thank you.
Um ... its version 12, not 11.12 :)

Yes all those issues have been noted, and they're going through every report. Be aware that it IS Christmastime, and they're probably on short staffing until after New Year's Day.

If you really need to print the report, my advice would be to export to an Excel spreadsheet, select the columns in question and format the cells to general. If that doesn't work, then just select the cells instead of the full column, and format those cells to number without any decimal places.

Then print the report from Excel.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

largocc1

Post by largocc1 »

Neil,
Thank you so much. The printing issue is not urgent, for us. We are okay. Please, do continue to enjoy your holiday season. Happy New Year from Largo Community Church!

UPDATE --- Eureka! MR 12/28/17 - Printing issues have been fixed. Thank you sooo much!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

largocc1 wrote:Neil,
Thank you so much. The printing issue is not urgent, for us. We are okay. Please, do continue to enjoy your holiday season. Happy New Year from Largo Community Church!

UPDATE --- Eureka! MR 12/28/17 - Printing issues have been fixed. Thank you sooo much!
While I appreciate the thanks, I didn't do anything as I'm just a volunteer here, I just pass on the issues if they're fully program related. Glad to hear that the latest MR fixed the formatting issues.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.