Preformatted Deposit Slip

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Pastor Drew

Preformatted Deposit Slip

Post by Pastor Drew »

We are revamping our accounting and contribution process and have not been printing contribution reports in the past 4 years since I've been here but will be now..

When we select preformatted deposit slip, the information printed does not seem to be what we can use. Is there a FAQ or help topic that we can look at to learn how to set it up so we can print a deposit slip to take to the bank like we did at one of my former churches?
Drew Marshall
South Lake Presbyterian Church
Clermont, Florida

NeilZ

Re: Preformatted Deposit Slip

Post by NeilZ »

Pastor Drew wrote:We are revamping our accounting and contribution process and have not been printing contribution reports in the past 4 years since I've been here but will be now..

When we select preformatted deposit slip, the information printed does not seem to be what we can use. Is there a FAQ or help topic that we can look at to learn how to set it up so we can print a deposit slip to take to the bank like we did at one of my former churches?
The preformatted deposit slip report is to be used with pre-printed laser deposit forms available from Dynamic Systems: https://www.four51.com/UI/Customer.aspx?p=Catalog , or other such companies. The layout is compatible with Quickbook deposit slips.

What you may want to use is the Default Report of the deposit slip which lists the check number (if you record that) the name of the donor, and the amount. It also supplies the total of all cash entries. What we do is verify the check amount and name, and the cash total with what we've entered. This provides another verification of proper entry.

We then send this in lieu of any 'adding machine tape' to the bank so if they find an issue, they can track it down also. We also print the laser deposit slip. We ordered a set with a white page to include with the deposit, and a yellow page to attach to the contribution reports for the day. When we print the preformatted deposit slip, we set it to print two copies, and load the printer with the forms.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.