Middle Initial on CDN tax receipts

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

WesB

Middle Initial on CDN tax receipts

Post by WesB »

While I see that the option of including a person's middle initial on a printout was added in a previous maintenance update, I do not seem to be able to make the contrib printout to use that field. We are running version 11.55 .
Can someone please explain how to set up the contribution report or membership data so that the middle initial is included in the printout?
Thanks in advance.

NeilZ

Re: Middle Initial on CDN tax receipts

Post by NeilZ »

WesB wrote:While I see that the option of including a person's middle initial on a printout was added in a previous maintenance update, I do not seem to be able to make the contrib printout to use that field. We are running version 11.55 .
Can someone please explain how to set up the contribution report or membership data so that the middle initial is included in the printout?
Thanks in advance.
As far as the Contribution Reports, the name is taken from the Personal Profiles. Does this happen on all the Contribution reports, or only the tax receipts?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

WesB

Post by WesB »

NeilZ wrote:
WesB wrote:While I see that the option of including a person's middle initial on a printout was added in a previous maintenance update, I do not seem to be able to make the contrib printout to use that field. We are running version 11.55 .
Thanks in advance.
As far as the Contribution Reports, the name is taken from the Personal Profiles. Does this happen on all the Contribution reports, or only the tax receipts?
Thank you for your prompt response!
I see that the Contrib Report Individual Contributions Statement (for tax receipts) pulls the mailing address name from the "family contact mailing name" information field(s) from the integrated data. On other contribution reports, it seems to pull first name/last name from the personal profiles. But this first name last name output is still not including the middle name or initial when one is available in the personal profile.
I guess I'm saying I can't get an output that includes the middle name or initial at all.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

WesB wrote:
NeilZ wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Thank you for your prompt response!
I see that the Contrib Report Individual Contributions Statement (for tax receipts) pulls the mailing address name from the "family contact mailing name" information field(s) from the integrated data. On other contribution reports, it seems to pull first name/last name from the personal profiles. But this first name last name output is still not including the middle name or initial when one is available in the personal profile.
I guess I'm saying I can't get an output that includes the middle name or initial at all.
If it is indeed pulling from the Mailing List profile, then you can add the initial there, and it should show up.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Are you looking at the standard Contribution Statements and not seeing the middle initial, or are you running actual tax receipts? I believe there is code in there specifically to include middle initial if you are running tax receipts. The standard built-in contribution statements don't have middle initial.

WesB

Post by WesB »

Oh OK, that certainly helps to figure this out. I will do some more testing and report back
Thanks

WesB

Post by WesB »

Yes, when the print tax receipt dialog is selected, the output is grabbing the middle initial for names.
I must have missed this fact in the documentation somewhere.
The only unfortunate thing about that is you have to actually output a tax receipt to see it is in fact adding the middle initial.
There is no preview when printing a receipt. I understand it is to ensure the tax history component.

All good.
Thanks and Happy New Year!
Wes