Contributions Missing

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

AlberV

Contributions Missing

Post by AlberV »

We had a member pass away in July, and as usual we updated the personal profile but accidentally changed the envelop number to his spouse when before he was listed first. Now we have contributions from August forward but no records before that. How can I get that data back, for whatever reason it does not show up on the envelope number. Thanks,

NeilZ

Re: Contributions Missing

Post by NeilZ »

AlberV wrote:We had a member pass away in July, and as usual we updated the personal profile but accidentally changed the envelop number to his spouse when before he was listed first. Now we have contributions from August forward but no records before that. How can I get that data back, for whatever reason it does not show up on the envelope number. Thanks,
If you 'merged' the data with the spouse's number all those previous contributions will appear on her number.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

AlberV

Post by AlberV »

The envelope number is the same for both, I think the only thing done was to changed the husbands status, list him as 2nd on the profile and the living spouse as 1st on the profile. The envelope # was then deleted from husband and placed on the living spouse. I don't know, but my guess is the data was not merged on the switch. Is this data then gone?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

AlberV wrote:The envelope number is the same for both, I think the only thing done was to changed the husbands status, list him as 2nd on the profile and the living spouse as 1st on the profile. The envelope # was then deleted from husband and placed on the living spouse. I don't know, but my guess is the data was not merged on the switch. Is this data then gone?
If the number was actually DELETED, then yes that info is normally sent to a system holding number that is normally not available to users.

I'm going to assume that when whomever went and updated the personal profile to change the status to deceased, they entered zeros for the envelope number. They would have gotten a PopUp that says Posted Contributions exist for this envelope number, are you sure you want to remove it?". If they clicked on the OK button then, all that info is no longer available.

If they had REASSIGNED then envelope using the Contributions -> Reassign -> Reassign an Envelope function, nothing would have been lost.

Its unfortunate, but there it is. You can use this as a 'teaching' moment ?? If nothing else, the widow could bring in a list of all checks her husband wrote for tithes last year, and you could give her a letter on church letterhead acknowledging that amount for the IRS.

Finally, you can call Powerchurch support to see if they could help. If you're using regular Powerchurch and haven't used your 90 days of free assistance, it won't cost you anything. If you use Powerchurch Online, that assistance comes free with the monthly fee.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

AlberV

Post by AlberV »

NeilZ,
Thanks, I am not sure how the envelope number exchanged happened, and the person who did it does not remember. Thank you for the help and info. I will contact power church and see what they can do. Again thanks for the response.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

AlberV wrote:NeilZ,
Thanks, I am not sure how the envelope number exchanged happened, and the person who did it does not remember. Thank you for the help and info. I will contact power church and see what they can do. Again thanks for the response.
Just to reiterate, someone had to bypass a warning message to do this, the system does not change numbers by themselves. I suggest a training session or step-by-step checklist to make sure that this doesn't happen in future.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.