contribution posted to the wrong month

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

flcamarillo

contribution posted to the wrong month

Post by flcamarillo »

I posted our contributions for the whole month of February 2018 by week but the contributions for February 11 2018 for some reason posted to December 2017. When I printed out the contributions by date (month of February 2018) that contribution shows up but it isn't added to my February fund accounting. How do I correct this. I reversed the transaction from view posted transactions and it did deduct from the December 2017 activity printout but I need it to be added to my February 2018 accounting. If I re-enter all the contributions for Feb 11 it will show up twice on my printout and will double the amount of contributions for that week.

thanks for any help with this

NeilZ

Re: contribution posted to the wrong month

Post by NeilZ »

flcamarillo wrote:I posted our contributions for the whole month of February 2018 by week but the contributions for February 11 2018 for some reason posted to December 2017. When I printed out the contributions by date (month of February 2018) that contribution shows up but it isn't added to my February fund accounting. How do I correct this. I reversed the transaction from view posted transactions and it did deduct from the December 2017 activity printout but I need it to be added to my February 2018 accounting. If I re-enter all the contributions for Feb 11 it will show up twice on my printout and will double the amount of contributions for that week.

thanks for any help with this
Before you do anything:
1. In the Contributions Module, you say that all the contributions for February 11th show properly under February 11. So there's no need to do anything there.

2. In Funds Accounting, you need to recreate the original Contribution deposit entry. Since you reversed the transaction already, you need to look at the original transaction, copy down the amounts and accounts used, then go into Funds Accounting -> Enter Transactions and enter that data in a new transaction using the date of February 11, 2018.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

flcamarillo

Re: contribution posted to the wrong month

Post by flcamarillo »

thank you so very much, that fixed it. :) :)