Charity Receipts

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

MVA

Charity Receipts

Post by MVA »

I just had an accountant complain about the receipts I issued. I'm in Canada, and the year end receipt takes a full sheet of paper, using only the top & bottom of the sheet. In previous years we used a three copy page, which was nice... just cut off the bottom for church records & give the two copies which fold into an envelope size to the donor.
Is it possible to print a receipt like that in PowerChurch 11.5 ?
Thank you,
Debby

NeilZ

Re: Charity Receipts

Post by NeilZ »

MVA wrote:I just had an accountant complain about the receipts I issued. I'm in Canada, and the year end receipt takes a full sheet of paper, using only the top & bottom of the sheet. In previous years we used a three copy page, which was nice... just cut off the bottom for church records & give the two copies which fold into an envelope size to the donor.
Thank you,
Debby
I don't believe so. With the additional requirements that have been added it is not possible. As far as the accountant's complaint, the receipts issued by Powerchurch have been verified by the Canadian tax authority as legal and authorized.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

MVA

Post by MVA »

Thank you.
She's very frugal & doesn't like having to copy full sheets of paper for one receipt. :wink:
Thank you,
Debby

rosewoodcotn

Post by rosewoodcotn »

MVA wrote:I just had an accountant complain about the receipts I issued. I'm in Canada, and the year end receipt takes a full sheet of paper, using only the top & bottom of the sheet. In previous years we used a three copy page, which was nice... just cut off the bottom for church records & give the two copies which fold into an envelope size to the donor.
Thank you,
Debby

I also wondered this since we are in Canada too and had previously used the perforated legal size which we could tear off the bottom and keep for our records.

What will you end up doing for your 2018 receipts? This is our first year using PowerChurch.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

rosewoodcotn wrote:
Thank you,
Debby

I also wondered this since we are in Canada too and had previously used the perforated legal size which we could tear off the bottom and keep for our records.

What will you end up doing for your 2018 receipts? This is our first year using PowerChurch.
I'm not in Canada, but since the receipts have been validated by the Canadian taxation authorities, just print them off .
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

KarinK22

Post by KarinK22 »

Most people file taxes on-line --- there is no need to have something smaller or need to tear off.
Unless Revenue Canada asks - they keep their copy.

We have been using the Powerchurch for many years - and just had an audit review done by Grant Thornton - they are happy with the receipts!

Just make sure you have the CRA info at the bottom :)