Contributions Problem

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Patricia

Contributions Problem

Post by Patricia »

I entered contributions, printed unposted contributions, then posted, but they do not show up, I don't know where they went. What could have happened? I was downloading a maintenance release at the same time, did that have something to do with it? Is that contribution still in the program some where? If I re enter that contribution will it mess something up? TIA Pat

NeilZ

Re: Contributions Problem

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:I entered contributions, printed unposted contributions, then posted, but they do not show up, I don't know where they went. What could have happened? I was downloading a maintenance release at the same time, did that have something to do with it? Is that contribution still in the program some where? If I re enter that contribution will it mess something up? TIA Pat
OK .. some additional information please:

1. You entered Contributions. What was the date of the contributons?
2. You printed the Unposted Contributions, so they were all there.
3. You then posted contributions. Where did you post to? Did you post to Funds Accounting? Did you accidentally post to a file, or only to Contributions?

When you run a Funds Report for the date of Contributions, do you see a report? If you do, and there is no Contribution Transaction in Funds Accounting, then I suspect that you may not have posted to Funds Accounting.

The download of the MR would not affect this at all, as that is a completely separate program running.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

I checked the date and it was right on my print out. I know I posted from the contributions, but I don't remember posting from the fund accounting. But if I didn't post to fund accounting wouldn't it still be there when I went back? I did exit out of the program and shut down the computer. Then I remembered that I didn't finish posting. But when I went back it said there was nothing to post.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:I checked the date and it was right on my print out. I know I posted from the contributions, but I don't remember posting from the fund accounting. But if I didn't post to fund accounting wouldn't it still be there when I went back? I did exit out of the program and shut down the computer. Then I remembered that I didn't finish posting. But when I went back it said there was nothing to post.
What version of Powerchurch?? Have you upgraded lately? Perhaps you still have the older icon on the desktop?

The system will save your data once you close the contributions entry screen, so if you closed that the data should still be there.

If you posted Contributions, but the unposted transaction is not in the unposted transaction queue in Funds Accounting, then you did NOT post to Funds Accounting.

Did you run the Funds Report as I asked in my initial reply?? Make sure that when you run it, you run it against last Sunday (or the date you used to enter contributions) and select the POSTED CONTRIBUTIONS radio button.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Sorry, yes I did run the report you ask for, and every other one I could think of. I had a separate transaction that didn't show up any where either (at least I don't see it). I am using powerchurch 11.5. I was working on a different computer than I normally do, maybe I skipped a step. I don't mind re-entering everything as long as i'm not doubling everything.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:Sorry, yes I did run the report you ask for, and every other one I could think of. I had a separate transaction that didn't show up any where either (at least I don't see it). I am using powerchurch 11.5. I was working on a different computer than I normally do, maybe I skipped a step. I don't mind re-entering everything as long as i'm not doubling everything.
Working on a different computer? Are you sure that computer is properly networked with the rest of the system?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

I've used it before with no problem.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Patricia wrote:I've used it before with no problem.
Just checking, did you do all the previous checks for the contribution data on that same machine?

If you can't find those contribution entries anywhere, nothing from Contributions is sitting in the Funds Accounting unposted transactiosn queue, and none of the envelopes shows any entry for that date, then I'd just re-enter the contributions, do a backup to be on the safe side, then post to funds accounting.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Thanks, that's what I will do.