reports

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

reports

Post by whfpc »

If I have accounts set up to automatically give a certain percentage of contributions to another account is there a report I can run to show if this is actually working? Or better yet, show when it stopped working? We had someone "help" us and during the process sub accounts and accounts were changed and since then I have been doing JE to correct things and now I notice they should have been working all along. PC 12 :)

Robin

NeilZ

Re: reports

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:If I have accounts set up to automatically give a certain percentage of contributions to another account is there a report I can run to show if this is actually working? Or better yet, show when it stopped working? We had someone "help" us and during the process sub accounts and accounts were changed and since then I have been doing JE to correct things and now I notice they should have been working all along. PC 12 :)

Robin
OK ... so you have two Contribution Funds, one of which has an automatic transfer to the other contribution fund. Each fund is pointing to a different Fund Accounting income account. This is what I'm reading between the lines, and I'm assuming I'm right.

There's a good way to figure out when it stopped. It involves two different reports and a bit of investigation, but you'll get the information you need.

1. The Funds Report from Contributions: You run it for the weeks you suspect are wrong. This gives you the amount given to the main (or donor) contribution funds for those weeks.

2. The Reprint Posting Report in Funds Accounting. You can then look at those suspect week Contribution transactions when they were posted to Funds Accounting. You should see the breakout of the funds in the transaction.

For example: The main Tithes & Offerings Contribution (100) fund is setup to tithe 10% to the missions (200). $1000.00 was given on May 6th. Now the income account for the 100 fund is, 01-4030-000, and for Missions is 01-4070-000

In Contributions, the Funds Report for May 6th will show 1000.00 going fund 100. The 'tithe' happens when the Contributions are posted. So, in Funds Accounting, the Reprint Posting Report 'should' show:

01-1100-000 Checking DB 1000.00
01-4030-000 Tithes CR 900.00
01-4070-000 Mission CR 100.00

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

whfpc

Re: reports

Post by whfpc »

YES!! Yes it does! Thank you! I will begin the research.