Split Contributions - Divorce

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ngaham

Split Contributions - Divorce

Post by ngaham »

Hi,
We recently had a couple divorce in our church. I moved her profile in the Membership module and created her only family. She retained the original envelope number as she was the person giving the entire time. I reassigned him a new number, however all the previous contributions went to the new envelope number. I need some help...

NeilZ

Re: Split Contributions - Divorce

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Hi,
We recently had a couple divorce in our church. I moved her profile in the Membership module and created her only family. She retained the original envelope number as she was the person giving the entire time. I reassigned him a new number, however all the previous contributions went to the new envelope number. I need some help...
The answer to your problem is in your message: I reassigned him a new number. I bet you used the Reassign an envelope number function. You should have just assigned a NEW number, no reassignment. Now you have to 'reassign' them back to the ex-wife.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

I didn't use the reassign function. I just typed the new number in on the Personal Profile screen.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:I didn't use the reassign function. I just typed the new number in on the Personal Profile screen.
In that case, the contributions should not have moved.

Did you do that before or after you moved the ex-wife?

In any case .. you're going to have to do the following, but first do a Powerchurch backup and select the the Contributions, Mailing List and Profiles type of backup. Then ...

1. Move the ex-wife's personal profile back under the original mailing list profile, or move the ex-husband to the new one.
2. Reassign the new number with all the contributions history to the original number using the reassign an envelope number function. Make sure that information has moved to the old number by running a Contributions Statement using that old number. If it has moved, then
3. Change the ex-husband's number to a ZERO ... and save the profile.
4. Move the profile you moved in step 1 back to the original Mailing List Profile it came from.
5. Go back to the ex-husbands personal profile, and enter the new envelope number there.

This should straighten out the problem. If it doesn't, you have the backup to restore from.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

I don't specifically recall the order. I think I moved the wife first and then changed the envelope numbers.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

NeilZ wrote:
ngaham wrote:I didn't use the reassign function. I just typed the new number in on the Personal Profile screen.
In that case, the contributions should not have moved.

Did you do that before or after you moved the ex-wife?

In any case .. you're going to have to do the following, but first do a Powerchurch backup and select the the Contributions, Mailing List and Profiles type of backup. Then ...

1. Move the ex-wife's personal profile back under the original mailing list profile, or move the ex-husband to the new one.
2. Reassign the new number with all the contributions history to the original number using the reassign an envelope number function. Make sure that information has moved to the old number by running a Contributions Statement using that old number. If it has moved, then
3. Change the ex-husband's number to a ZERO ... and save the profile.
4. Move the profile you moved in step 1 back to the original Mailing List Profile it came from.
5. Go back to the ex-husbands personal profile, and enter the new envelope number there.

This should straighten out the problem. If it doesn't, you have the backup to restore from.

This worked. Thanks Neil!