Vanco Import

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

yaregal

Vanco Import

Post by yaregal »

We implement vanco online payment solution (both text and online) recently.

I am now testing the transactions and have some questions

1) Vanco keep on creating two Member ID for someone who donated using text and online or mobile App. I tried to change the member ID to the envelop number for one of the duplicate. But it does not allow me to do so. Anyone has the same issue and solution

2) do we need to change the vanco member ID to Envelop number for our powerchurch members who are contributing using vanco?

3) I have three transactions (mobile app) donations in the past 4 days, I tried to import the transactions using the contribution " import from Vanco" function, it keep on saying there is "no transaction are available for import". I already have a report from vanco that shows the transactions. any idea?

Thanks

yare

beas

Re: Vanco Import

Post by beas »

What version of PC+ are you using?
Bill Beasley
Secretary-Treasurer
Neighborhood Church
Albany, Oregon
User since ~1988

wms7328

Re: Vanco Import

Post by wms7328 »

This is my suggestions for your items:

1) Vanco creates a separate account for anyone that logs on without using a previously established account. Some of my folks don't remember their PW's so they just create a new account. You can make this work by going into Vanco and giving them the same ID number but one with a letter for last digit. Example: Jane Doe, ID 200 (This would be the Power Church Envelope Number), Jane Doe Account 2, ID 200A (Vanco sees this as different number but Power Church doesn't recognize the letter and will match this to envelope number 200). I have some people with 15-20 different accounts in Vanco. I've asked Vanco to give a way to combine all these accounts but so far they haven't done that.

2) I would definitely recommend changing the Vanco ID to match the Power Church envelope number. This will make it easier for you to track contributions in Vanco if you have a question. Power Church creates a conversion table in the software that will make it work if you don't change the Vanco number but you don't have access to that table and so you will have to know that Vanco Number xxxxxxxx (Vanco creates a large ID number) is actually Power Church Envelope number .

3) For each service you have with Vanco they set up a different account number. For me I have 3 Vanco accounts, one for contributions on electronic giving, one for giving on pledge system and a third one for the Kiosk. I suspect you have different accounts. You will need a different set of credentials to log on to each of these accounts. When I download from Vanco, I have to download all three acounts separately.

Hope this helps. I've been using Vanco for years and it's a great service. The fact that Power Church works with them so well is a great benefit.