Contributions Not Showing In Income & Expense

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

angel1

Contributions Not Showing In Income & Expense

Post by angel1 »

Good afternoon,

We are using version 11.55, we are in the process of preparing information for our mortgage loan renewal. Our income and expense statement did not show income in a certain category for years 2017, and only showed partial information for year 2016. What should I be looking for in the set up of this deduction so that it will show in the income category for years 2016, 2017 (and I just checked 2018) it does not show either.

Help, my Pastor is wondering what is going on, and I don't know if I did something to the setup (I don't think so).

Angel

NeilZ

Re: Contributions Not Showing In Income & Expense

Post by NeilZ »

angel1 wrote:Good afternoon,

We are using version 11.55, we are in the process of preparing information for our mortgage loan renewal. Our income and expense statement did not show income in a certain category for years 2017, and only showed partial information for year 2016. What should I be looking for in the set up of this deduction so that it will show in the income category for years 2016, 2017 (and I just checked 2018) it does not show either.

Help, my Pastor is wondering what is going on, and I don't know if I did something to the setup (I don't think so).

Angel
Are you sure that the Contribution Fund in question is pointed to the right income account in your Chart of Accounts? If the setup on the Contribution Fund is correct, then are you sure that whoever is doing your Contributions Entry is using the correct Contribution Fund number.

If the issue is that the Contribution Fund is not pointing to the right income account, the only way to show that income is to run a report against that Contribution Fund for the period in question.

Let us know what you find so then we can give you better directions rather than try to speculate on a fix.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

angel1

Post by angel1 »

Good morning Neil,

As always thank you for your support. I am able to run a report on that particular fund and see what has been contributed, it just does not show up when I run the Income and Expense report, which is what the bank seems more concerned with. I checked the Chart of Accounts and at one time this particular contribution code was pointing to mortgage interest, this is not exactly correct as we use the funds to pay the mortgage payment. Our set up for chart of accounts is as follows:
Fund Balance Income
Building Fund--Detail 05-3050-000 Building Fund Income--Group--Income 05-4155-000
Lifestyle Detail 05-3050-050 Building Fund Contribution--Detail--Income 05-4156-050
Building Projects Detail 05-3055-050 Building Fund Income---Detail--Income 05-4159-050
Lifestyle Stewardship Income--Detail--Income 05-4170-050
Building Use Project Income--Detail--Income 05-4180-050
Thank you as always,
Frustrated Angel

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

angel1 wrote:Good morning Neil,

As always thank you for your support. I am able to run a report on that particular fund and see what has been contributed, it just does not show up when I run the Income and Expense report, which is what the bank seems more concerned with. I checked the Chart of Accounts and at one time this particular contribution code was pointing to mortgage interest, this is not exactly correct as we use the funds to pay the mortgage payment. Our set up for chart of accounts is as follows:
<snip>
Thank you as always,
Frustrated Angel
Did you check to see what the Contribution Fund is pointed to? If it were properly setup it would point to 05-4159-050 or 05-4189-050. Obviously its not as its not showing up there.

In order to show those funds in the I&E report, you'll have to move funds from where its currently pointing, to the proper income account. If its going to an income account in another accounting fund (say O1-Operations ?), you'd have to transfer the funds over.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

angel1

Post by angel1 »

Thanks again Neil,

How would I check on seeing if this posted to another account?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

angel1 wrote:Thanks again Neil,

How would I check on seeing if this posted to another account?
What was the original account linked to on the Contribution Fund?

These funds had to go somewhere.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

angel1

Post by angel1 »

Thank you again. The transfer was made to the correct fund and we now have that pointing to the correct code for future. :D