Funds Report and Contribution Range Report Totals Differ

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Kevin Sawatzky

Funds Report and Contribution Range Report Totals Differ

Post by Kevin Sawatzky »

I ran a Contribution Range Report and noticed that the total amount given is less than the total amount given on a Funds Report. Because both reports are generated from the Contributions module, I don't know why that is. I double-checked to ensure that all the parameters are the same. The Funds Report total equals that of the Income Statement amount, which means something is not showing up in the Contribution Range Report. I also checked to ensure that no dollar amount is missing in the range report. Any thoughts on why this is?
Kevin

NeilZ

Re: Funds Report and Contribution Range Report Totals Differ

Post by NeilZ »

Kevin Sawatzky wrote:I ran a Contribution Range Report and noticed that the total amount given is less than the total amount given on a Funds Report. Because both reports are generated from the Contributions module, I don't know why that is. I double-checked to ensure that all the parameters are the same. The Funds Report total equals that of the Income Statement amount, which means something is not showing up in the Contribution Range Report. I also checked to ensure that no dollar amount is missing in the range report. Any thoughts on why this is?
Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I get exactly the same number on both.

Are you filtering the Range Report by members, non-members, etc?
Are you sure that all the Contributions have been posted?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

One difference in those two reports is the Contribution Range Report doesn't include envelope 99999 (contributions from deleted Personal Profiles). The combined amounts in 99999 would skew the counts and percentages of existing contributors' giving.

Kevin Sawatzky

Post by Kevin Sawatzky »

NeilZ wrote:
Kevin Sawatzky wrote:I ran a Contribution Range Report and noticed that the total amount given is less than the total amount given on a Funds Report. Because both reports are generated from the Contributions module, I don't know why that is. I double-checked to ensure that all the parameters are the same. The Funds Report total equals that of the Income Statement amount, which means something is not showing up in the Contribution Range Report. I also checked to ensure that no dollar amount is missing in the range report. Any thoughts on why this is?
Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I get exactly the same number on both.

Are you filtering the Range Report by members, non-members, etc?
Are you sure that all the Contributions have been posted?
We figured out the problem. Someone deleted an envelope number that contained the missing amount. We reinstated the envelope number and everything balances.
Kevin