Contribution Fund not registering

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kphillips

Contribution Fund not registering

Post by kphillips »

I have just created a new contribution fund (which I have done 20-30 times already). This one does not seem to be linking up to fund accounting smoothly. I have all my accounts in place - 3210-, 4210-, 4810- and 5210-. All my accounting is the same as other contribution funds in comparison. This new one is not showing up on 'Balance Sheet by Fund'. Also - the contributions to this fund are showing as Unrestricted Assets. They really stick out as this fund is the only one with the issue.

NeilZ

Re: Contribution Fund not registering

Post by NeilZ »

kphillips wrote:I have just created a new contribution fund (which I have done 20-30 times already). This one does not seem to be linking up to fund accounting smoothly. I have all my accounts in place - 3210-, 4210-, 4810- and 5210-. All my accounting is the same as other contribution funds in comparison. This new one is not showing up on 'Balance Sheet by Fund'. Also - the contributions to this fund are showing as Unrestricted Assets. They really stick out as this fund is the only one with the issue.
Um .. Contribution Funds, as specified by the name, are only seen in Contributions. You won't see this in a Fund Accounting report, which is the Balance Sheet.

I'm assuming that you have linked the Funds Accounting account to the Contribution Fund under the Maintain List of Contribution Funds function under Contributions.

You say you created all the accounts, but how did you create the accounts? The only way the (I'm assuming) 4210-000 account is closing to the Unrestricted Net Assets (usually the 3110-000 equity account) is if you created the account OUTSIDE of the Maintain List of Donor Restrictions function. What you'll have to do is change the closing account on the 4210-000 account to 3210-. The other two should close to the 3110-000 unrestricted net assets.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kphillips

Re: Contribution Fund not registering

Post by kphillips »

Thank you - finding a way to make the 4210 close to 3210 fixed the problem.