posting contributions

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

faithmc

posting contributions

Post by faithmc »

I'm SUPER new to all this, so this might be a dumb question.
The old secretary has several contributions that are unposted. When I go to post contributions, they will just all post, right? Then in funds accounting, I can post them separately so each posting matches each deposit slip? And if I have 2 contributions/deposits on the same date I can post them separately in funds accounting?

NeilZ

Re: posting contributions

Post by NeilZ »

faithmc wrote:I'm SUPER new to all this, so this might be a dumb question.
The old secretary has several contributions that are unposted. When I go to post contributions, they will just all post, right? Then in funds accounting, I can post them separately so each posting matches each deposit slip? And if I have 2 contributions/deposits on the same date I can post them separately in funds accounting?
OK ... the issue is how old are these unposted contributions? If they were already accounted for in Funds Accounting by someone entering a transaction there, you should not post them again. If that's the case, come back and let us know. The following assumes that they have not be posted or entered in Funds Accounting.

When you go to post Contributions, the system will recognize that there are contributions entered on different dates. It will ask you if you want to post each one separately or all together as one deposit. The separate entry by date is the default, so there's no need to change that. The system will then create TWO (or more) separate transactions showing the individual Contribution deposits.

However, if Contributions were entered on the same date, they would be posted all at one time as that one date. Usually we suggest that if you're trying to track Contribution from different service times (IE: 9am and 11am) that you enter one on Sunday's date, and one using Monday's date. This way they are posted separately. Another way to do this is to have two separate Contribution Funds for offerings, one for 9AM and one for 11AM.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

faithmc

Re: posting contributions

Post by faithmc »

Yes! Thanks for your help!