Envelope # Assignments in Re-married Situations

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

loish

Envelope # Assignments in Re-married Situations

Post by loish »

How should I assign someone who is new to our body as a wife, but whose husband is known to us from past attendance with his family and former wife. The original couple shared an envelope # (still do) and the family stopped coming for a time. The man is back with part of the family and a new wife. Should I reassign both the man and his new wife, a brand new # under the circumstances to keep it cleaner and the giving history unconfused? Please advise, thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Envelope # Assignments in Re-married Situations

Post by NeilZ »

loish wrote:How should I assign someone who is new to our body as a wife, but whose husband is known to us from past attendance with his family and former wife. The original couple shared an envelope # (still do) and the family stopped coming for a time. The man is back with part of the family and a new wife. Should I reassign both the man and his new wife, a brand new # under the circumstances to keep it cleaner and the giving history unconfused? Please advise, thanks!
FWIW... I would assume that time has passed between the previous couple attending, and the new couple. There must have been a divorce at some time. So I wouldn't worry about 'giving history' for the husband all that much.

If the husband has a new address you would create a new family mailing list record for him and the new wife, and move him there. If the ex-wife has a new address, create a new family mailing list record for her, then move her. If she is not attending any longer, then I would reassign her an envelope number outside the normal range used for active congregants.

In either case, clear the envelope number from the husband's personal profile record, then either move the husband or ex-wife to the new family mailing list record as needed.

Then give the husband and new wife a new envelope number.

FWIW ... I'd give them both new envelope numbers, and not worry about any 'giving' history as it may change anyway.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.