Envelope Number and Name Dosen't Match

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Oakridge Baptist

Envelope Number and Name Dosen't Match

Post by Oakridge Baptist »

Hi,
I've been using PowerChurch for nearly 10 years and for the first time it happened like that. One entry in a printed Unposted Contribution report, the envelop number and the name doesn't match!
By tracking back the envelopes, I found the contributor had a wrong envelope number on his envelope. Usually it'll be corrected when entering the contribution as an envelope number is always being assigned to a contributor. When I have an individual statement printed for that contributor later, it seems that everything works fine -- his contribution is there.
My question is how the Unposted Contribution report seems to be not correct. What has happened to it?

Expecting your response to solve my puzzle. Thank you.

J

NeilZ

Re: Envelope Number and Name Dosen't Match

Post by NeilZ »

Oakridge Baptist wrote:Hi,
I've been using PowerChurch for nearly 10 years and for the first time it happened like that. One entry in a printed Unposted Contribution report, the envelop number and the name doesn't match!
By tracking back the envelopes, I found the contributor had a wrong envelope number on his envelope. Usually it'll be corrected when entering the contribution as an envelope number is always being assigned to a contributor. When I have an individual statement printed for that contributor later, it seems that everything works fine -- his contribution is there.
My question is how the Unposted Contribution report seems to be not correct. What has happened to it?

Expecting your response to solve my puzzle. Thank you.

J
Was the Unposted Contribution report printed, then the correction made to the envelope number? It sounds that way since the contribution would not appear on the statement until Contributions have been posted.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.