Editing a Posted Contribution

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

stmarylowell

Editing a Posted Contribution

Post by stmarylowell »

After running a report I realized I had used a wrong contribution number after posting contributions. I would like to edit the contribution number in that batch of posted contributions. How do I do that?

NeilZ

Re: Editing a Posted Contribution

Post by NeilZ »

stmarylowell wrote:After running a report I realized I had used a wrong contribution number after posting contributions. I would like to edit the contribution number in that batch of posted contributions. How do I do that?
OK .. you said "contribution number". This response is based on the assumption you meant 'Envelope Number' if you mean Contribution Fund number, the correction is much the same, except you may have to do it multiple times. This is also based on the assumption you're using v12.x

1. Head to the Contributions menu and select Reports - Contributions. Select the Posted Contributions report, and use the date of the original Contribution. Print this report so you can refer to it later.
2. Head to the Contributions menu and select Maintain Donors from the menu selections.
3. Find the incorrect envelope number/donor.
4. Highlight the incorrect entry, and click the Reverse/Correct button.
5. Since this is an incorrect entry just select the reverse button from the popup notice that appears. In both v12 & v11.5 you'll get a notice that the item was reversed.
6. Select Enter Contributions from the Contributions menu, and enter the correct information using the correct envelope number and same date as the original entry.
7. Repeat as necessary from step 3 if other donors are affected.
8. Post contributions. This will update the system.

If you meant the wrong Contribution Fund number, I hope this didn't happen to many entries.

Basically follow the steps above to step 4. Then follow below:

Click the Reverse and Correct button from the popup. This brings up an entry screen where you can correct the contribution fund number. Then click on Save. Repeat this step for other affected donors, then continue to step 8 above.

If you're using v11.5, there are some differences that need to be pointed out.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FUMCFairfield

Post by FUMCFairfield »

I'm missing something. I do not see a Maintain Donors from the Contribution Module

FUMCFairfield

Post by FUMCFairfield »

Figured it out. Have to go to Posted Contributions, select wrong envelope number, the date posted, then you see the reverse. After that do to the correct envelope number and post the same amount, date. Then post to accounting module.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

The Maingtain Donors is a New Contributions Menu item in v12.2. This gives you a one location site to do many things concerning Contributions.

It is also available on the Contributions Quick Menu.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.