Emailing contribution statements to all donors

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PCPPlus

Emailing contribution statements to all donors

Post by PCPPlus »

I have a few hundred donors that I have entered their email and checked the box "email contribution statement". However I had not checked the box " to include in bulk mailings". Now is that going to be a problem when I attempt to email the statements tomorrow? I thought bulk mailings was referring to other type of correspondence. Do I have to edit hundreds of family profiles and check the bulk mailing box?? What to do??? :roll:

NeilZ

Re: Emailing contribution statements to all donors

Post by NeilZ »

PCPPlus wrote:I have a few hundred donors that I have entered their email and checked the box "email contribution statement". However I had not checked the box " to include in bulk mailings". Now is that going to be a problem when I attempt to email the statements tomorrow? I thought bulk mailings was referring to other type of correspondence. Do I have to edit hundreds of family profiles and check the bulk mailing box?? What to do??? :roll:
Should not cause an issue. The 'bulk mailings' is mainly for bulk emails from the membership module. Contribution Statements are considered individual emails since each email has a unique attachment.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

PCPPlus

Post by PCPPlus »

great news! that's what I was hoping to hear! thanks so much!

TonyL222

Post by TonyL222 »

If this is your first time bulk emailing statements, here's a suggestion. Many email service providers may look at mass emails from a single account as SPAM. The way to get around that is to throttle the amount of emails you send out.

Under Files>preferences>System Setup Options>Email check the "Use advanced sending options" box and send no more than XX messages every YY minutes (you could call your service provider and find out what their threshold is, or just be conservative.) I have mine set at no more than 10 every 2 minutes (i.e.300 per hour). If you are using PC based PowerChurch (not online) it will tie up the computer while the emails are sent, so you might want to wait until the end of the day or some time when you can leave the computer free for a few hours .

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

TonyL222 wrote:If this is your first time bulk emailing statements, here's a suggestion. Many email service providers may look at mass emails from a single account as SPAM. The way to get around that is to throttle the amount of emails you send out.

Under Files>preferences>System Setup Options>Email check the "Use advanced sending options" box and send no more than XX messages every YY minutes (you could call your service provider and find out what their threshold is, or just be conservative.) I have mine set at no more than 10 every 2 minutes (i.e.300 per hour). If you are using PC based PowerChurch (not online) it will tie up the computer while the emails are sent, so you might want to wait until the end of the day or some time when you can leave the computer free for a few hours .
Actually, the local program will send the emails with the program minimized to the taskbar. If you're running PCPlus on a network, I'm fairly sure the email is sent using the computer used as the 'server'. That said, I've never had a problem working on the same computer that is sending out the statements.

In any case you definitely want to have the 'advanced' settings in the Preferences set to stagger the sending times. I have my system setup to do 25 every 10 minutes. That gives you a space between mailings that works for many ISPs.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TonyL222

Post by TonyL222 »

You are right, I misspoke. it was my PC+ that was tied up and not the entire PC. I wish there was a way to o individualized attachments through something like Constant Contact.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

TonyL222 wrote:You are right, I misspoke. it was my PC+ that was tied up and not the entire PC. I wish there was a way to o individualized attachments through something like Constant Contact.
That presupposes that you can add unique attachments to such constant contact emails. You can personalize many things using that service, but I don't believe you can do that.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.