Contribution Fund Numbers

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Buffalofoodshelf1

Contribution Fund Numbers

Post by Buffalofoodshelf1 »

Can I change a contribution fund number and have all previous data follow? I have a number of contributions from 3rd parties and other organizations that don't require a contribution statement at the end of the year - I'm thinking that if I put those funds in a higher number then I can just not chose those to be included. Right now they are in the middle of the range. My other thought was to change those envelope numbers to be "non-member" or something then I can exclude them that way when I print statements.

NeilZ

Re: Contribution Fund Numbers

Post by NeilZ »

Buffalofoodshelf1 wrote:Can I change a contribution fund number and have all previous data follow? I have a number of contributions from 3rd parties and other organizations that don't require a contribution statement at the end of the year - I'm thinking that if I put those funds in a higher number then I can just not chose those to be included. Right now they are in the middle of the range. My other thought was to change those envelope numbers to be "non-member" or something then I can exclude them that way when I print statements.
Yes ... you can renumber the fund.

That said, its much easier to use a range of envelope numbers to segregate contributors. I wrote about this about 4 years ago, but here is basically how I do this:

1 to 998 - standard envelope numbers
999 - Loose Plate Offerings
1000 - 1999 - Visitors or non-members who give semi-regularly
2000 - 2999 - Contributors who do not require statements
4000+ - Archives - data that must be maintained for a few years per the IRS - this gets cleaned at year end of data that no longer needs to be kept so some numbers are then reused

This is just an example, but you can setup your ranges anyway you wish.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Buffalofoodshelf1

Thank you for the response.

Buffalofoodshelf1

FYI - I ended up going another route. Since I didn't want to print statements for those with fund #'s 55 and 61 contributions, I went into Maintain CO Funds - and for those two funds I unchecked the box that said "include on statements". Seemed to work!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Buffalofoodshelf1 wrote:FYI - I ended up going another route. Since I didn't want to print statements for those with fund #'s 55 and 61 contributions, I went into Maintain CO Funds - and for those two funds I unchecked the box that said "include on statements". Seemed to work!
I assumed that they already were, and that they had given to other funds that would normally be included.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.