email server error

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jkelly

email server error

Post by jkelly »

I am getting the error "Error with socket connect"
Connection Rejected

When trying to send out a mass email. I haven't changed my settings since I successfully did it last time. What should I do?
Janet

NeilZ

Re: email server error

Post by NeilZ »

jkelly wrote:I am getting the error "Error with socket connect"
Connection Rejected

When trying to send out a mass email. I haven't changed my settings since I successfully did it last time. What should I do?
Janet
When was the last time you sent a mass email? I'm assuming that you're trying to send Contribution Statements. Which version of PCPlus are you using?

A quick troubleshooting hint. Go to File -> Presferences -> System Setup. Head to the E-Mail tab. Click on the TEST button there. If you still get the same error, I would check to make sure that the outgoing email (SMTP) server setup in Powerchurch is still valid, and that the port listed on that server is also correct. Here's an example of what is normal for the entry for a server with authentication: myemaildomain.com:465.

The best way to check this is to verify the settings against the email program you use with the email address used to send emails. If you only use a browser based email, I would check with your email provider to see if anything changed there.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jkelly

Post by jkelly »

NeilZ wrote:
jkelly wrote:I am getting the error "Error with socket connect"
Connection Rejected

Janet
When was the last time you sent a mass email? I'm assuming that you're trying to send Contribution Statements. Which version of PCPlus are you using?

A quick troubleshooting hint. Go to File -> Presferences -> System Setup. Head to the E-Mail tab. Click on the TEST button there. If you still get the same error, I would check to make sure that the outgoing email (SMTP) server setup in Powerchurch is still valid, and that the port listed on that server is also correct. Here's an example of what is normal for the entry for a server with authentication: myemaildomain.com:465.

The best way to check this is to verify the settings against the email program you use with the email address used to send emails. If you only use a browser based email, I would check with your email provider to see if anything changed there.
I am using Powerchurch plus v 11. It is not online.
We send out quarterly contribution statements so with in the last 4 months.

jkelly

Post by jkelly »

I says to try checking the password on the SMTP servers AUTH settings
How do I do that
Last edited by jkelly on Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TonyL222

Post by TonyL222 »

Good suggestions from Neilz. In a year's time your email service provider may have changed server names and/or outgoing sockets or security type. If Neilz's suggestion don't resolve the problem, you may need to contact your email service provider for the correct information.

Also, double check that you haven't changed service providers, outgoing email address and password are correct.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jkelly wrote:I says to try checking the password on the SMTP servers AUTH settings
How do I do that
Unfortunately, v11.1 does not have the recent updates that 11.55 and v12 does. That said, if you sent out contribution statements four months ago, you shouldn't have a problem with the SMTP setup unless your ISP has changed its settings at the server.

I need to know what you have entered for your SMTP server name, cut and paste that info here.

Also, verify that you are using the same password that you use for getting normal email on the email account by entering it in the password space on the settings, then try the TEST button again.

If all else fails, as suggested, you may need to call your email provider to get some assistance. They should be able to walk you through verification of the SMTP settings.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.