Title Field Missing on Contribution Statement

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

R.V.Fagan

Title Field Missing on Contribution Statement

Post by R.V.Fagan »

I want my INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTION STATEMENT mailing address to include the TITLE field of the personal profile of the individual with the envelope number. This person is assigned DIRECTORY SEQUENCE '1', and is the only profile in the FAMILY that has an envelope number assigned to it. Having searched the HELP manual, it seems this is how it should work. I'm not interested in workarounds by cluging the FIRST NAME.

I am using PowerChurch+ 12.2, running the latest maintenance release.

I probably mis-posted this earlier in another board. If so, my apologies.

NeilZ

Re: Title Field Missing on Contribution Statement

Post by NeilZ »

R.V.Fagan wrote:I want my INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTION STATEMENT mailing address to include the TITLE field of the personal profile of the individual with the envelope number. This person is assigned DIRECTORY SEQUENCE '1', and is the only profile in the FAMILY that has an envelope number assigned to it. Having searched the HELP manual, it seems this is how it should work. I'm not interested in workarounds by cluging the FIRST NAME.

I am using PowerChurch+ 12.2, running the latest maintenance release.

I probably mis-posted this earlier in another board. If so, my apologies.
I'm assuming that you have the Title box on the personal profile filled, what about on the Mailing List profile, what do you have for the mailing name?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

R.V.Fagan

Post by R.V.Fagan »

Yes, the TITLE box is filled in, and that is the text I want/need printed on the Contribution Statement. And yes, I have purposefully entered the text from the TITLE box into the MAILING NAME, but unfortunately that does does print on the Contribution Statement either. I even keyed my desired text into SALUTATION field of the Mailing List data entry window.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I'll tag this so one of the techs can take a look on Monday. It may be a regression that crept in somehow.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Starting with Version 12, it is a configurable option on the Contributions Setup Options screen as to whether or not Title should be included in contributor names. Go to File > Preferences > Contributions Setup. Change the option to Yes. Doing so affects all name formats in Contributions, not just statements.

A change was made to unify the name format structure in all Contributions reports and data entry screens, as previously there were something like five different name formatting schemes used in various reports, exports, and data entry screens.

The manual topic for the Contributions Setup Options screen was updated with this new setting, but apparently the Contribution Statements and Tax Receipts option was not, so we will write up a bug report and will get that updated.

R.V.Fagan

Post by R.V.Fagan »

Zorak - That was the issue - Thanks a million.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The PDF and CHM of the manual has been updated and will be included in the next MR for Version 12/12.2 which will be published later today.