Considering using Vanco for EContributions

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Faith Bible Church

Considering using Vanco for EContributions

Post by Faith Bible Church »

Given the country-wide restrictions imposed due to COVID-19, our church is considering implementing online giving using VANCO.
I spoke with a PC tech just now who said that VANCO is the only online giving software package that PC integrates with directly.
It sounds like if we insure our fund #'s line properly, it will provide the breakdown we currently have using our envelope system.
Am I correct?

Blessings,
Bob Dyjak, Treasurer
Faith Bible Church
Rochester NY

NeilZ

Re: Vanco Imports into Powerchurch - test run

Post by NeilZ »

Faith Bible Church wrote:Given the country-wide restrictions imposed due to COVID-19, our church is considering implementing online giving using VANCO.
I spoke with a PC tech just now who said that VANCO is the only online giving software package that PC integrates with directly.
It sounds like if we insure our fund #'s line properly, it will provide the breakdown we currently have using our envelope system.
Am I correct?

Blessings,
Bob Dyjak, Treasurer
Faith Bible Church
Rochester NY
From what I understand, you have to be specific when you setup your information and funds at Vanco.

There are a few Knowledgebase articles that will help you:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/444 ... ntegration

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/446 ... g-workflow

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TonyL222

Re: Considering using Vanco for EContributions

Post by TonyL222 »

Faith Bible Church wrote:Given the country-wide restrictions imposed due to COVID-19, our church is considering implementing online giving using VANCO.
Am I correct?

Blessings,
Bob Dyjak, Treasurer
Faith Bible Church
Rochester NY
You might want to base your decision on the strengths and versatility of the eGiving methods more so than the "direct" integration. Monthly and transaction cost is also a big consideration. I have never used Vanco so I can't speak to it. We have been using SecureGive for several years now. The integration is through a csv file export and import (which probably all of them provide). Takes less than a minute. We have a giving link on our webpage, a SecureGive mobile app, a dedicated kiosk at the church, and text-to-give. eGiving accounts for neary 38% of our total giving now, so its a good move, IMHO.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

TonyL222 wrote: You might want to base your decision on the strengths and versatility of the eGiving methods more so than the "direct" integration. Monthly and transaction cost is also a big consideration. I have never used Vanco so I can't speak to it. We have been using SecureGive for several years now. The integration is through a csv file export and import (which probably all of them provide). Takes less than a minute. We have a giving link on our webpage, a SecureGive mobile app, a dedicated kiosk at the church, and text-to-give. eGiving accounts for neary 38% of our total giving now, so its a good move, IMHO.
I do believe Vanco has a tighter integration than just an import of a CSV file.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TonyL222

Post by TonyL222 »

I'm sure it does. It looks like after you set it up in PC all you do is select the "Import from Vanco" option under Contributions and contributions transfer directly from Vanco to PC. For SecureGive (and probably the others) there is one additional step added - an export from the eGiving app and then select "Import from File" under Contributions. That to me is not a major advantage - especially if the eGiving platform gives you options that you feel are better (again I have never used Vanco). But to each his/her own.

Just presenting another option.

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

I too use securegive. We are very pleased, price and service. Not hard to navigate at all.

Robin

cbrown

Post by cbrown »

We’ve been using Vanco for several years now. It integrates smoothly into Power Church and it truly is a one button click. The fees are competitive with any other online giving service.