Online Giving

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FirstMOBC

Online Giving

Post by FirstMOBC »

We are using Power Church Online. We have had some givers to give by way of cash app. The clerk enter the contribution as online, but the Bank Deposit Slip, Unposted Contrib. report does not show the online contributions. Does the Bank Deposit Slip, Unposted contrib. need to be updated or should I look for another report for the online contributions?
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Re: Online Giving

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:We are using Power Church Online. We have had some givers to give by way of cash app. The clerk enter the contribution as online, but the Bank Deposit Slip, Unposted Contrib. report does not show the online contributions. Does the Bank Deposit Slip, Unposted contrib. need to be updated or should I look for another report for the online contributions?
I'm fairly sure the program assumes that Online Contributions are already sent to the bank and you don't need a deposit slip. What do the Unposted Contributions report, and the Funds Report show when you run it for for unposted contributions. Those two should show the same amount.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

The Fund and unposted contribution reports show the online giving entered by the clerk. Just the Bank Deposit Slip unposted does not show the amount of the online giving.
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:The Fund and unposted contribution reports show the online giving entered by the clerk. Just the Bank Deposit Slip unposted does not show the amount of the online giving.
Then I was right, it expects that any online giving uses EFT to transfer funds from the online agent to your bank account. No need for a deposit slip as you don't have to go to the bank to deposit anything.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

Thank you Neil. I understand what you are saying. The actual bank deposit slip that the bank receive will not have the online giving. So the Bank Account Slip unposted will match the bank deposit slip going to the bank.
Thank You again
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:Thank you Neil. I understand what you are saying. The actual bank deposit slip that the bank receive will not have the online giving. So the Bank Account Slip unposted will match the bank deposit slip going to the bank.
Thank You again
That is correct. I would suggest that you always enter and post online contributions separately from contributions given by checks or cash. This way you won't have to worry about this issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.