Contributions account # not found prevents posting

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rawill

Contributions account # not found prevents posting

Post by rawill »

I am learning PowerChurch11.

In March, I used an account code to designate an offering, and it was posted in contributions.
I am not able to post March's contributions to fund accounting. "The following transactions were not posted because...Account 18-1110-000 is not found. Account 18-4246-000 is not found."
I have tried reversing the contribution and putting the contribution under our general fund and then posting in contributions, and then trying to post to fund accounting, but that entire day's contributions will not cross over. The corrected contribution is the only item linked to that date that will cross.
This is keeping me from closing March. Please help! :)

NeilZ

Re: Contributions account # not found prevents posting

Post by NeilZ »

rawill wrote:I am learning PowerChurch11.

In March, I used an account code to designate an offering, and it was posted in contributions.
I am not able to post March's contributions to fund accounting. "The following transactions were not posted because...Account 18-1110-000 is not found. Account 18-4246-000 is not found."
I have tried reversing the contribution and putting the contribution under our general fund and then posting in contributions, and then trying to post to fund accounting, but that entire day's contributions will not cross over. The corrected contribution is the only item linked to that date that will cross.
This is keeping me from closing March. Please help! :)
FWIW ... since the contributions were not yet posted, you didn't have to 'reverse' the contribution, just find the original contribution and change the Contribution Fund number on that original entry.

Now you said you 'posted in contributions' .. do you mean on the POST CONTRIBUTIONS screen, you selected the 'Post to Contributions Only" option? If so, you're going to have to manually enter the Contributions transaction in Funds Accounting.

If all you did was enter the Contribution, then go into the UNPOSTED CONTRIBUTIONS function of Contributions and DELETE the reversal, then adjust the original Contribution entry for that donor to reflect the operations fund (usually tithes & offerings).

I would then take a look at that Contribution Fund with the incorrect Fund Account numbers, and fix it to point to actual accounts, add those accounts to Fund Accounting, or make the Contribution Fund inactive as it appears its no longer being used.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.