Double (Same Contributions) reported on individual contributions report

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wordsoflife20

Double (Same Contributions) reported on individual contributions report

Post by wordsoflife20 »

I post contributions under the contributions drop down. My contributions are directed to upload to Funding account. Do I still to go to Funding Accounting (under Accounting drop down) and post transactions? For some reason, when I print out an individual contribution report, the entries are doubled.

For example, I created a contribution (tithes) and then posted. Then I went to Accounting tab and selected the funding account and selected 'post transactions'.... Under the funding account, the bank reconciliation is correct. However, when I pull an individual contribution report, the tithing is on there twice. I am not sure why?

Please help...

THx

NeilZ

Re: Double (Same Contributions) reported on individual contributions report.

Post by NeilZ »

wordsoflife20 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:15 pm
I post contributions under the contributions drop down. My contributions are directed to upload to Funding account. Do I still to go to Funding Accounting (under Accounting drop down) and post transactions? For some reason, when I print out an individual contribution report, the entries are doubled.

For example, I created a contribution (tithes) and then posted. Then I went to Accounting tab and selected the funding account and selected 'post transactions'.... Under the funding account, the bank reconciliation is correct. However, when I pull an individual contribution report, the tithing is on there twice. I am not sure why?

Please help...

THx
There are two steps to posting any accounting entries in Powerchurch. Posting in the financial module to Funds Accounting, then Posting in Funds Accounting.

The default posting location in Contributions is to Funds Accounting, when that is done, the Contribution entries are posted to the individual envelope records there, and a transaction is made and sent to the Funds Accounting Unposted Transactions queue. When that is done, there is no other interaction with the Contributions module. Funds Accounting does not interact with the Contributions database, and vice versa (other than posting TO that queue).

There should be no reason why there are two entries on an individual statement unless someone entered Contributions, posted only to Contributions, then re-entered the Contributions and posted to Funds Accounting.

Is this happening for every individual statement?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wordsoflife20

Re: Double (Same Contributions) reported on individual contributions report

Post by wordsoflife20 »

Yes, it has happened to every individual statement. Thx for your response. I am grateful and thankful for your assistance.

NeilZ

Re: Double (Same Contributions) reported on individual contributions report

Post by NeilZ »

wordsoflife20 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:16 pm
Yes, it has happened to every individual statement. Thx for your response. I am grateful and thankful for your assistance.
OK ... did you determine what happened? You can check the Contributions AUDIT log to see what happened and who posted and to where.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.