Online Giving

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

angel1

Online Giving

Post by angel1 »

Hello,
We are using Powerchurch version 12. I know that Powerchurch does integrate with Vanco. My question is does it have relationship with any other online giving tool? We are using Tithe.ly for our online giving and I am having to do manual on the accounting side. At one point, Tithe.ly did indicate that there were looking at some type of cvs file download, but not that is off the table.

Thanks as always,

Angel1

NeilZ

Re: Online Giving

Post by NeilZ »

angel1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm
Hello,
We are using Powerchurch version 12. I know that Powerchurch does integrate with Vanco. My question is does it have relationship with any other online giving tool? We are using Tithe.ly for our online giving and I am having to do manual on the accounting side. At one point, Tithe.ly did indicate that there were looking at some type of cvs file download, but not that is off the table.

Thanks as always,

Angel1
It does not integrate with any other service. The integration with Vanco is very tight, as the system will automatically (once properly setup) take care of all entries to contributions, as well as cover the entries for any fees.

That said, the only other way to import Contribution data is by using a CSV file, the specs of which can be seen if you select Import Contributions -> Import from File from the Contribution module menu. The data has to correlate to what you have setup in Powerchurch as far as envelope number and contribution fund. You can then Post Contributions which would handle most of the transactions needed, but you'd still have to add a transaction to cover any fees.

Not knowing how Tithe.ly exports its data there's not much more that can be added. If they send you an Excel spreadsheet, you could manipulate that to put the data in the right order, and formatting and then save to a CSV file. But that's probably the only way you can do this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

angel1

Re: Online Giving

Post by angel1 »

Neil,

As always thanks so much. I will explore both options and see what will work best for me. At this point anything will help me with the manual process on the accounting side. I do realize that I will have to take care of the fees, but due to the frequency of some members using the system on a daily basis this will help out alot.

Angel