Incorrect amount imput to donor

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

raylaurenza

Incorrect amount imput to donor

Post by raylaurenza »

Last week when the contributions were input the amount for one donor was input as the wrong amount. Instead of adding $60.00 for the donor on contributions it was input as $160.00. So now my General Fund is showing $100.00 too much and what the bank said was deposited is $100 less than what is in Power Church .Is there a way to fix this one error or do I have to reverse the whole contribution for that week and reinput the entire contribution again. Thanks for help.

NeilZ

Re: Incorrect amount imput to donor

Post by NeilZ »

raylaurenza wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:59 pm
Last week when the contributions were input the amount for one donor was input as the wrong amount. Instead of adding $60.00 for the donor on contributions it was input as $160.00. So now my General Fund is showing $100.00 too much and what the bank said was deposited is $100 less than what is in Power Church .Is there a way to fix this one error or do I have to reverse the whole contribution for that week and reinput the entire contribution again. Thanks for help.
You didn't say what version you're using.

All you need to do is:

1. Do a backup using the Powerchurch backup utility (always a good idea)
2. Post any Contributions that have not been posted.
3. Find the incorrect Contribution entry on the donors record in the View Posted Contributions function in Contributions.
4. In v11.5:
  • highlight the entry, make a note of the date and the Contribution Fund used, then click on the Reverse button.
  • Open the Contributions Entry function and enter the original date, Contribution Fund, and the correct amount, then save and close.
  • Post Contributions
In V12
  • highlight the entry, make a note of the date and the Contribution Fund used, then click on the Reverse/Correct button. Make the changes necessary, then save
  • Post Contributions
In either case, when you post the system will create transactions to correct the issue. When you post Funds Accounting, everything will be updated.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

raylaurenza

Post by raylaurenza »

Worked perfectly. Thank you.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

raylaurenza wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:08 pm