Online Processor Also Sends Giving Statement

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Missy

Online Processor Also Sends Giving Statement

Post by Missy »

PowerChurch 11.1. If the third party (The Baptist Foundation of Oklahoma) will be providing contribution statements for online giving from our members, would we be duplicating the tithe/offerings by posting the contributions in PowerChurch? Each time our bank notified us of these entries, we posted the contributions from each giver in a separate batch apart from our local donations and we used our typical fund codes (1/general, etc.) and used "online" rather than cash/check.

Should these be shown on their church contribution statements from our church? Since I didn't create a special fund code, I cannot exclude the fund on statements like described on the forum "Third Party (Canada Helps) Donations thread. Also, the months have since been balanced.

Sincere thanks, God's Blessings and Merry Christmas!

NeilZ

Re: Online Processor Also Sends Giving Statement

Post by NeilZ »

First off, its always better to start a new topic, rather than use an existing topic that's over six months old, especially when your addition really has nothing to do with the original topic other than its also an online type of contribution.
Missy wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:02 pm
PowerChurch 11.1. If the third party (The Baptist Foundation of Oklahoma) will be providing contribution statements for online giving from our members, would we be duplicating the tithe/offerings by posting the contributions in PowerChurch? Each time our bank notified us of these entries, we posted the contributions from each giver in a separate batch apart from our local donations and we used our typical fund codes (1/general, etc.) and used "online" rather than cash/check.

Should these be shown on their church contribution statements from our church? Since I didn't create a special fund code, I cannot exclude the fund on statements like described on the forum "Third Party (Canada Helps) Donations thread. Also, the months have since been balanced.

Sincere thanks, God's Blessings and Merry Christmas!
If the third-party is sending a statement, you SHOULD NOT be duplicating those contributions on your local statement. I would just create a transaction in Funds Accounting to cover the deposit from the online giving, properly debiting and crediting the asset and income accounts as needed. I hate to say this, but you may need to DELETE those entries from the contributor's records, then post Contributions by ONLY POSTING TO CONTRIBUTIONS. This will update the contributor's records, but not send any transactions to Funds Accounting since those deposits has already cleared.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.