Getting "Estate of" to Print on Statements

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

R.V.Fagan

Getting "Estate of" to Print on Statements

Post by R.V.Fagan »

When the first adult family member becomes deceased, I change their DIRECTORY SEQUENCE to 99, remove the envelope number association, record the DECEASED DATE, and set PERSONAL STATUS to "Deceased". I also remove the deceased person from the FAMILY MAILING NAME (within INTEGRATED DATA ENTRY).

When the second adult becomes deceased, I change their DIRECTORY SEQUENCE to 98, and change the envelope number to a deceased band of numbers, record the DECEASED DATE, and set PERSONAL STATUS to "Deceased". I then prepend "Estate of" to the FAMILY MAILING NAME.

My issue is that "Estate of" is not showing up on the tax receipt, even if I put "Estate of" in the TITLE field of the personal profile. I would prefer not to change the FIRST NANE within the PERSONAL PROFILE module to include "Estate of". Surely there must be something simple that I am missing.

NeilZ

Re: Getting "Estate of" to Print on Statements

Post by NeilZ »

R.V.Fagan wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:56 pm
When the first adult family member becomes deceased, I change their DIRECTORY SEQUENCE to 99, remove the envelope number association, record the DECEASED DATE, and set PERSONAL STATUS to "Deceased". I also remove the deceased person from the FAMILY MAILING NAME (within INTEGRATED DATA ENTRY).

When the second adult becomes deceased, I change their DIRECTORY SEQUENCE to 98, and change the envelope number to a deceased band of numbers, record the DECEASED DATE, and set PERSONAL STATUS to "Deceased". I then prepend "Estate of" to the FAMILY MAILING NAME.

My issue is that "Estate of" is not showing up on the tax receipt, even if I put "Estate of" in the TITLE field of the personal profile. I would prefer not to change the FIRST NANE within the PERSONAL PROFILE module to include "Estate of". Surely there must be something simple that I am missing.
You have to add "The Estate of" to the first name in the Personal Profile. Its the only method that will work as that's the data item that the Contribution name is drawn from.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

R.V.Fagan

Re: Getting "Estate of" to Print on Statements

Post by R.V.Fagan »

Thanks Neil - I was afraid of that. It would make a great enhancement for the Power Church folks, if they are watching.