Posting Contributions

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

annsmpsn

Posting Contributions

Post by annsmpsn »

Question.
When posting contributions, does that automatically add the amounts of the contributions to the fund accounting, check balance? Or would I still need to enter a transaction for the bank deposit of tithes and offerings?
My concern is that I will post contributions, enter a transaction into fund accounting for the total deposit that I took to the bank and then have double the amount of funds in the check balance. Can you clarify for me the proper procedure? Thank you.

NeilZ

Re: Posting Contributions

Post by NeilZ »

annsmpsn wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:49 am
Question.
When posting contributions, does that automatically add the amounts of the contributions to the fund accounting, check balance? Or would I still need to enter a transaction for the bank deposit of tithes and offerings?
My concern is that I will post contributions, enter a transaction into fund accounting for the total deposit that I took to the bank and then have double the amount of funds in the check balance. Can you clarify for me the proper procedure? Thank you.
When you post using the Post Contributions to Funds Accounting option the system creates a transaction and posts it to the Funds Accounting unposted transactions queue. It will appear when you Post Funds Accounting, no other intervention or transaction needed.

The only requirement is that you use the Post Contributions to Funds Accounting option, and have linked the Contribution Funds you created under Contributions Setup to the proper checking and income accounts in Funds Accounting. If you've not done that, you have to do that first.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FinSecTreas

Re: Posting Contributions

Post by FinSecTreas »

Thanks for the quick response and helpful hints!