Import error from Securegive

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

Import error from Securegive

Post by whfpc »

Good morning, I am not sure if this is powerchurch or securegive issue but thought I would start here. I am trying to import last weeks contributions, I downloaded the file, when I open the excel file I see all the names and member numbers, amounts, etc. just like it should be. When I go to import this file it shows errors (maybe 9-10) only one person is listed, this person was not one of the donors (this is what the error says) "The fund could not be found. The contribution date is blank. The contribution amount is zero". I have deleted and downloaded the file several times just to make sure it's not user error. Anyone else experiencing this?

Robin

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Import error from Securegive

Post by Zorak »

PowerChurch imports a CSV (comma separated values) file, which will open in Excel if you have that installed. However, the difference between an Excel file and a CSV is an Excel file can have commas in fields, such as an amount of $1,000.00 or fund number 1,000. That thousands separator comma will break the formatting of a CSV file. Since you seem to be having problems with multiple fields in each row, that is likely the problem.

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

Yes, it is the same CVS as well, we have been using SG for over 3 years and the same process. The persons name that is listed over and over has not ever given on SG and has not given in a few years even?

Robin

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Send the file you are importing from as an attachment in an email to support@powerchurch.com and we'll take a look.

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

sent

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

All USER error!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I didn't download as powerchurch UGH!!! Sorry to waste your time.

Robin

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Glad to hear you've got it figured out!