Importing Giving from Planning Center

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Alaraujo

Importing Giving from Planning Center

Post by Alaraujo »

I want to switch from Pushpay online giving to Planning Center giving. Is it doable? Any advice? :?:

NeilZ

Re: Importing Giving from Planning Center

Post by NeilZ »

Alaraujo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:25 pm
I want to switch from Pushpay online giving to Planning Center giving. Is it doable? Any advice? :?:
As far as Powerchurch is concerned, as long as you can get a file for import in the correct format, is doable. Your processing for Funds Accounting (I'm assuming) will remain much the same as there's no direct integration.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Alaraujo

Post by Alaraujo »

This is what Planning Center says: Planning Center Giving offers a free, public API (https://developer.planning.center/docs/#/overview) that allows any company, like Powerchurch, to create an integration with Giving.

Can/will PowerChurch create an API to allow Planning Center to integrate to Power Church as does PushPay?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We have an exclusive partnership with Vanco Payment Solutions, so there won't be a direct integration with other payment processors, at least in the foreseeable future.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Alaraujo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:39 pm
This is what Planning Center says: Planning Center Giving offers a free, public API (https://developer.planning.center/docs/#/overview) that allows any company, like Powerchurch, to create an integration with Giving.

Can/will PowerChurch create an API to allow Planning Center to integrate to Power Church as does PushPay?
PushPay does not integrate with Powerchurch at all, other than the aforementioned file import.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Alaraujo

Post by Alaraujo »

Wrong choice of words; I did not mean to say that Pushpay integrated with PowerChurch, but to allow for file import. And that Is what I was hoping that I could do the same with Connect Center.

I really need to get away from Push Pay. It has become a cash cow.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Alaraujo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:43 pm
Wrong choice of words; I did not mean to say that Pushpay integrated with PowerChurch, but to allow for file import. And that Is what I was hoping that I could do the same with Connect Center.

I really need to get away from Push Pay. It has become a cash cow.
I see ... they should offer some type of file export for your transactions. Have you looked into Vanco? Frankly, the way it integrates with PCPlus, you'd actually save time (thus money in some cases) not having to do all the work around procedures needed by other online giving sites.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Alaraujo

Post by Alaraujo »

Thanks for your help Neil. Much appreciated.