Reuse of Envelope Number

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FirstMOBC

Reuse of Envelope Number

Post by FirstMOBC »

We use the online version of PowerChurchPlus 12.2. Is there way to recycle envelope numbers. I have several envelope numbers use in error. Ex. Person was already assign an envelope number and because they did not sign their name in the same way when they join the church another envelope number was assign to them. So that mean the person have duplicate envelope number. I was able to modify the contribution before it was posted but there's an envelope number used but will not be use again for that member.
Last edited by NeilZ on Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to clearly state what the issue is
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Re: Reuse of Envelope Number

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:48 pm
We use the online version of PowerChurchPlus 12.2. Is there way to recycle envelope numbers. I have several envelope numbers use in error. Ex. Person was already assign an envelope number and because they did not sign their name in the same way when they join the church another envelope number was assign to them. So that mean the person have duplicate envelope number. I was able to modify the contribution before it was posted but there's an envelope number used but will not be use again for that member.
As far as the envelope number just reassign it using the Contributions -> Reassign -> Reassign an envelope number function to the correct envelope number. Once this is done, the number is then available. I would assume that they also have duplicate membership records. You need to get rid of those too.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

Yes there is a duplicate membership. One set-up as member and the other set-up as visitor.
Margaret Allen

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

You can use the Merge Duplicate Profiles utility to merge those duplicate records together. It will keep all their giving history from both profiles/envelopes.

To do this, go to Membership > Personal Profiles > Setup and choose Merge Duplicate Profiles

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

Thank you . I really appreciate the quick response.
Margaret Allen